9

I began to hum a song as I sat alone on the bench. It was sunny, but it was still cold. Still, it felt just the right amount of coldness. Today feels nice. I look up at the sky and watch the birds fly away. "What are you doing here by yourself?" I turn my head to see Emma. "Hey, Emma." I smile. She sits next to me and releases a soft sigh. "Today feels better than the other cold days." She says. I nod at her words. "How have you been? It's been a while since we talked." She said. "I would say everything has been. . .tiring. Ever since the Bloody Halloween, it hasn't been the same for me. I found closure about my brother's death and trying to cope with Baji's, but it feels like I'm missing something." I said. "You're just like Mikey. On the outside, you never show your weakness. You try not to make others worried, but in reality, you both are weak." She puts her hand on my shoulder. "I'll help you and Mikey, no matter what! Just like you two always do!" She smiles.

I smile at her, but it turned sad. I was so cold to her because she use to be mean to me. I was so pitiful and wanted revenge. . .not even revenge. It was just plain stupidity for being mad at her. I look away from her tried to hold back my tears. "I apologize for being so cold and mean to you. I was just being stupid and pitiful. It wasn't fair of me to" "I should be the one apologizing. Back when we were kids, I was just mad about what my mom did. She left me with people I never met before and never came back for me. I didn't mean my anger to go towards you or anybody. Back then, I noticed you were sad and lost too. It wasn't right of me to do something so cruel when you were hurting too." She was also tearing up as she said that. We pulled each other into a hug and cried together. "You always felt like a sister to me. Someone I look up to in a way. Even when we're not related, I still feel a connection between us. Like we're family. Like soul-sisters." She says. I smile at her words. "I like that. Soul-sisters." For the rest of the afternoon, me and Emma spend the day with each other. Wherever our mind took us. "(Y/n), can I ask you a favor?" She asks. "Of course," I reply. "If anything ever happens to me. . .please take care of both Mikey and Draken for me." She says. I raise a brow at her. "Don't talk about sad stuff like that. Nothing is going to happen to you. Draken and you will be married and have a kid or two. Mikey will be the annoying uncle and if he gets too loud for the kids I'll help you beat the crap out of him." I said. "Please promise me, (Y/n). I'm serious." She pleads. I sigh softly and place my hand on her head. "I promise. I'll take care of them and make sure they don't fall into a world of darkness." I smile. She smiles back. "Will you be Mikey's wife when we get older?" She asks. I blush and look away. "I said you and Draken will be married. Not me. I might not even get married." I said. "Right, because a girl that has a harem stays single and doesn't choose one guy that she likes." She playfully rolls her eyes. "There may be some that are single. You don't know." We both laugh and continued walking.

"Who are you trying to fool?" I turn my head as I heard the voice. I froze as I look at my reflection. That person wasn't me. "Do you honestly think you'll live a peaceful long life with those friends of yours? I'm sure they'll turn out the same as Baji and your brother. Dead." I was about to open my mouth to say someone back, but Emma saw I was behind her. "Are you okay, (Y/n)?" She asks. I turn to face her and nod. "Yeah, I think the weather is getting to me." I lied. "It is getting a bit chilly out here. Maybe we should-Hey, look!" She looks behind me where I was facing. I look at my reflection to see it was back to normal. "What is it?" I ask as I got out of my little trance. "They have soul-sister rings." She says with excitement. "We have to get them." She grabs my hand and pulls me into the jewelry store.

I went back home after spending my day with Emma. I yawned as I felt more tired than usual. Maybe ever since I was able to go back to sleep that it's dawning on me. I've lost so much of it. I closed my eyes and hoped to go into a wonderful dream. A dream where I still had everyone by my side and we lived happily together. "Such a childish dream. But, sleep as long as you want. Because it's my turn to take control on what to do."