10. Tell me, are you mad?

"Why don't you just text her? She'll probably think you got bored of her or something!" The freckled boy coldly scolded his friend, who was already frustrated enough.

Jisung tapped his fingers on the counter, looking at his friend with an annoyed expression. The art shop was empty, the only three people inside were Jisung, Felix, and Seungmin. It was a mild Saturday afternoon, the light sunshine softly illuminating the small shop, giving it a calm and relaxed vibe.

Jisung sighed, looking away from the two boys. "I don't know, I just don't feel like it."

Seungmin tilted his head. "Why not? You guys get along so well. Did something happen?"

Actually yes. A lot happened. For example, the fact that that girl they always loved to talk about made once again Jisung question his feelings. And not just that, the moment he realized what was going on inside his heart, she said the name of another boy when it was supposed to be his. And Jisung knew it was childish to feel that sense of frustration, but just seeing the world collapsing into him as soon as he accepted his feeling was enough for him to give everything up.

"Nothing happened, I just don't feel like seeing her. I'm tired of always chasing after her."

Felix whined at those words. "You're kidding, right? That doesn't sound like you at all. And she'll probably feel abandoned if you keep ignoring her."

"I don't think she'll even notice."

"How can you be so sure?"

"I can tell because I know I'm not even that important! She already likes someone else!"

The silence filled the shop as the two boys fixed their eyes on Jisung. A slight shade of pink colored his puffy cheeks, and an annoyed expression painted his face.

"Wait- what do you mean, you-"

"Yeah, you were right Felix, are you happy, uh?" He almost screamed at the wordless boy who could only watch Jisung becoming more and more frustrated "I like her..."

He lowered his head, too embarrassed to let the two boys see his flushed cheeks.

"But the moment I realized it, she told me she already likes someone else..." he said sadly.

"What? But she barely knows anyone in Seoul," Seungmin said, confused. "Wait, don't tell me she likes me or Felix," panic rising in his voice.

"No, don't worry, it's not either of you. His name is Yang Jeongin. I think he's an old childhood friend or something," Jisung explained, crossing his arms.

Felix shook his head. "And what about it? I don't know this guy, but I bet you can make her fall for you before he even realizes she has feelings for him. Plus, if he's a childhood friend, that means he still lives in Busan, which is far from here."

"It's pointless. I saw the way she talked about him. She really looked like she'd fallen in love."

"Love? Are you really talking about the Y/n we know? The cold-hearted one? Dude, I'm sure it was just your impression."

"It doesn't matter, really. I'm fine," Jisung sighed, unsure if what he had just said was true.

"You know what, Ji? Give me his name, and I'll find this dude's Instagram in no time. We'll see if he's really-"

Felix's words were cut off by the loud ring of the small bell above the door, signaling that a new customer had entered. Jisung's eyes left the floor as he straightened his posture, ready to greet them.

"Good afternoon! How can I-" His polite smile vanished the moment he saw who was standing at the door.

I shyly smiled at him, happy to see him after he had, oddly, not texted me for almost the entire week.