Epilogue. Will I ever see you again?

The train was empty and quiet, bathed in the soft light of the setting sun. The atmosphere of that summer evening was breathtaking, almost as if I had stepped into a completely different world. I felt peaceful as I watched the city pass by outside the window, the train still moving steadily along its tracks.

Music quietly played through my earphones, softly fading those familiar lyrics in the background, making the wait for the next stop a little less dull. In fact, I wasn't bored at all. These train rides to the city center had become quite relaxing, and they made me proud of how much my perspective had changed over time.

When I first moved to Seoul, they had felt almost intimidating, forcing me to sit alone in those cold seats. But things had changed, and I had finally begun to move on from my past.

Almost completely.

Just as I closed my tired eyes, resting my head against the window, I felt a presence in front of me. I opened my eyes and took out my earphones, lifting my head to meet the cheerful eyes of a boy about my age. A boy I knew too well.

"Is that seat taken?" he asked, pointing to the seat next to mine.

I hesitated for a moment, then smiled. "Of course it is, just like every other seat here." I chuckled quietly. "Come here."

The boy's smile widened, filling me with a warm sense of peace. He sat down beside me, looking out into the cool air without saying a word.

"It's already been a year since you died," I finally said, still not ready to meet his gaze.

He gave a faint smile. "I wondered if you had finally managed to get over it."

I stayed silent for a few moments. "I'm still working on it. But things are much better now."

"How so?"

I tilted my head slightly. "Honestly, I think it's mostly because of Jisung. After what happened with Hyunjin months ago, I told him everything, how close you and I used to be, how much your death affected me, how I stopped going out and talking to people because of it."

My voice grew sad as I continued. "For months, I didn't see anyone, not even my closest friends. My parents suggested moving somewhere else, thinking it was the only way I could escape my past." I chuckled softly. "I told Jisung how that plan didn't exactly work. But still, I'm so grateful I met him."

Jeongin nodded, and for the first time, our eyes met.

"And Hyunjin? Did you make things right with him?"

I nodded, turning away. "Yes, I apologized for how I treated him and the rest of our friends, and he apologized for his anger towards me. We're friends again, and we hang out just like we used to back in Busan."

Jeongin nodded again. "That's good."

A peaceful silence settled between us for a few minutes, a quiet stillness that neither of us was eager to break. But then, I glanced at him once more.

"Jeongin? Can I read you my letter? The one I wrote you a year ago, before you... you know..."

He smiled and nodded. "Of course."

I gave him a grateful smile, reaching into my bag to find that old piece of paper. When I finally pulled it out, I cleared my throat.

"Dear Jeongin," I began, my voice trembling slightly. "You know I'm not good at expressing my feelings, but I think it's best if I tell you this way. You probably already know this, but lately, I've been living in constant fear, fear that your illness may win, something you don't deserve. As long as I can remember, you've always been the kindest, most joyful, and selfless person I've known. And just the thought of this happening to you makes my blood boil."