fixed

A/N: words: 1973. i tried regular updates. i really tried. here we are, 10 days later. my apologies. anyway, enjoy!

Sam waited for Bucky anxiously on Zemo's ridiculously nice stools in Zemo's ridiculously nice house that Sam isn't even 100 percent sure belonged to Zemo. God knows what Bucky was actually doing, and Sam wasn't gonna try to find out. Whatever it was, it seemed pretty important. "You've been quiet, Sam. Something on your mind?" Zemo questioned from the kitchen, being creepy as always. "You shooting someone is pretty up there, but other than that, I'm good." Sam said with a shake of his head. Zemo only hummed, which was just as confusing and frustrating as him saying anything. Sam couldn't even believe he was here, sitting with Zemo, in Zemo's house. This man went from trying to brainwash Bucky again, split the Avengers apart, and now he owned scented soap. And a fur coat. What the hell was going on?

The doors opened with a small thud, and Sam turned to see Bucky walking into the house. He noticed the way Bucky's eyes travelled around the room, and the way he mouthed What the hell. Sam bit back a smirk and paid attention to whatever he was about to say.

"Well, the Wakandans are here. They want Zemo."

Of course they do.

~~~~~~~

"You really think this is the right move?" Bucky muttered to Sam as they walked through cobblestone streets, GRC posters plastered to every brick wall. Sam sighed, shrugging. "I think it's our only move. Whether we'll get anything is up in the air."

Bucky nodded, turning a corner. Zemo was a few feet in front of them, and they figured that was the best course of action given that both of them were getting increasingly frustrated with him. "I just hope the Dora get here sooner rather than later." Bucky whispered, and a small smile spread across his lips. "I'll second that." Sam replied, catching a glimpse inside one of the buildings. Kids who looked between 10 and 17 were learning basic math, spelling, and Sam knew Karli was right. She just wanted a proper life for these kids, some kind of justice for them. Sam knew it now, her fight was right, she just needed guidance. Needed someone to help her understand what she was doing.

~~~~~~

"You still think this is a good idea?" Sam muttered as they left Zemo's house and into the streets of Riga. "Listen, I didn't think we'd get here." Bucky replied, still snappy and on edge from the small confrontation with Zemo. "It's Zemo, what did you think would happen?" Sam paused, "How many hours did you say we had till the Dora got here?"

"6 hours now." Bucky answered, his voice hushed to a whisper. Sam nodded, and a familiar voice made both their eyebrows stitch together. "Karli Morgenthau is too dangerous for you guys to be pulling this shit."

"Ah! How'd you find us now?"

~~~~~~~

"And he's not my partner? Wow, could you be more petty?" Sam whispered as they followed Zemo and the little girl (Sam doesn't even want to know why), shaking his head. Bucky rolled his eyes, turning to glance at Sam. "You're upset about this now? Sideburns just showed up and that's what you're concerned about?" Bucky shot back, and Sam had to bite back a laugh.

"Did you just call him Sideburns?"

Bucky was smirking now. Sam had an amused smile on his face, but it left as soon as he caught another glance inside a refugee building. Sam knew she was right. He knew that she was so in the right. But no one could see it. No one could understand her fight. She reminded Sam of himself, or maybe of Sarah. Deep down, she's scared. Sam knows that. And she has hope. She knows what she's fighting for, Sam just wished she didn't have to do it alone.