Chapter 18

RHYS POV

This was the best sleep I had in months maybe years. But as soon as I opened my eyes my head was bursting with pain and I was feeling nauseous.I looked around to see whether Elyse is here but she left early for work.I groaned and got up from my bed.

Maybe a cold shower will help me with the pain.I brushed my teeth and let the cold water fell on my head.But the pain in my head was still there.Few minutes passed my head still felt like it was exploding so I gave up and got dressed.

I walked downstairs that's when I realised I still had some time to get to work so I decided to visit El.I told my driver to drive me there because I wasn't well.

Few minutes later He dropped in front of her shop. I glanced inside and saw her working very passionately. I walked inside, she didn't look up but knew I was there. "Why did you leave early?" I asked hopping on the counter.

"I had some work to do!"She answered looking at me. "Go wait inside, I will be there in a minute." She said smiling. I nodded and went inside the room. It was a small space with a single bed, working table with a bookshelves and a couch. Why did she need a bed in her store?

suddenly I heard faint voices coming from outside. It sounded like her father. I got closer to hear the conversation.

"What are you doing her?"She almost screamed.

"I am here to sell your store. We are going short on money!" He snarled.

"I am not selling this store. I build it with my own money. Not a single penny from you. So I owe you nothing." She said.

"You listen here, you Bitch-"Before he could say further I walked out of the door.

"You should leave!"I said clenching my jaw."What is it to do with you?"He said in low voice.

"Everything! And if you don't get out of here right now I am sure king and queen would like to know that how you abuse your daughter and if that isn't enough my coronation in 3 days which will give me every right to remove you from your general's position and maybe throw you in a prison for rest of your fucking life." I spat.

Elyse hand slid through mine hoping to calm me down. He look at her with a disgusting expression and If it wasn't for Elyse I would have killed him right here.

As soon as he left I clutched her hand tighter and took her inside the room.We sat side by side on the bed, our hands still intertwined and her head on my shoulder. " Are you okay?" I asked rubbing circles on her palm with my thumb. She wiped few tears from her face and hummed in response.

she got up  and stood in front of me. Her hand touched my forehead to check my temperature. "Rhys,you are burning up."

"You are going home and taking rest! Right now!" she declared and took out her phone to dial our driver's number. "But-"

"No But's. I have texted Hiram. He will be here any minute.I will come after an hour."She said.She took my hand and walked me towards  the car.

She instructed driver and he nodded.She gave my hand a squeeze."You sure you will be okay?Because I am feeling fine."

"Go rest!I will meet you an hour!"She closed the door and Hiram started to drive to the castle.
.
.
.
.