Chapter 4

It was gone two in the morning, Ebony was up screaming her head off and he tried his best to settle her and eventually she drifted off back to sleep. Unfortunately, it didn't last long as his phone went off and he saw it was Sacha which caused a soft frown to display on his face and he immediately answered it. Kian was thrown into sheer panic, Jac had been admitted to Holby and before Sacha even had a chance to explain Kian was up and dressed, grabbing his keys, transferring the baby to the car seat and on the way to the hospital. The more he thought about it the more he realised how much he loved Jac and would do anything for both her and Ebony. Not knowing the state she would be in when he got there, he spent the entire journey mentally preparing himself for what she would be like. All he wanted was for her to be ok.

"Kian?" Essie frowns and he sighs dramatically "What are you doing here-"

"Jac, she was brought in-"

"Yes, but I thought Sacha spoke to you?" Essie says quietly before looking at Sacha who was making his way over

"It's ok Essie, I'll take it from here" Sacha nods and she smiles before heading off, he looks at Kian "You didn't have to come, it's nothing serious-"

"She needs me" Kian states and glances down to Ebony, "Where is she?"

"Come with me," Sacha says quietly and Kian nods "Essie, I don't suppose you could look after Ebony?"

"Of course" Essie smiles taking the bag and the car seat "You two have a talk and I will look after this little one"

"What's happening?" Kian demands and Sacha sighs slightly as they appear outside Jac's room, he knocks on it gently and they both enter to a nurse trying to insert a cannula

"Get off me!" she shrieks and Sacha smiles slightly catching her gaze "Sacha, tell them"

"Jac you need to let them help you..." Sacha tries but Jac just groans and gets out of bed, Kian notices her about to stumble so he reaches in to grab her so she didn't fall "You have an infection in your c-section scar so you're going to need IV antibiotics and we need to monitor you"

"No medication" she grits out before shoving Kian away, he sighs and looks at Sacha who was biting his lip

"How about we have a talk?" Kian puts to her and she just looks up at him, her eyes narrowed in utter suspicion "We don't have to talk about anything medical we just sit and talk about stupid things how about that?"

"I-" she starts before huffing "Ok"

"Ok?" he checks with her and Jac nods slowly getting back into bed, Kian sits on the edge of the bed and takes her hand before glancing back at Sacha who was amazed that he had managed to calm Jac down so quickly

"I'll leave you both to it" Sacha confirms and Kian nods slowly before turning to Jac

"Is there anything you need or want?" he asks her, she narrows her eyes once more "Ok thats a very open-ended question, let me think-"

"Ebony" she states and Kian looked worried all of a sudden "I want to see her"

"How about I make you a deal?" he puts to her and she hums slightly unsure of what he was about to say "If you let the nurse put your IV in then I will bring Ebony here?"

"No, not the nurse" Jac shakes her head and Kian sighs slightly "I'll do it myself-"

"Jac, no" he grabs her arms to stop her from reaching out to grab the dish that was left on the side "No, Jac, you're in no fit state"

"Let go of me!" she screams and Kian hushes her gently as she sobs into her hands, Kian gently places his hand on the side of her arm and he gently brings her into his body and strokes her hair