Chapter 5

Trigger warnings: There's some sensitive content in this so just a warning, there's nothing really specific so just a heads up 

Tap tap tap

Tap tap tap

"Can you stop that?" Chloe pipes up with a roll of her eyes as Kian taps the pen against the side of his desk "I am trying to focus after the demands you gave me yesterday to come up with more research ideas, stuff we can look into and you're not helping"

"Sorry" Kian shakes his head before sighing "Will you be ok later? I'm taking Ebony to get registered"

"Yes, of course, there's not much going on today and I might actually be able to get on and do this research"

"I'm sorry"

"You have a lot on your mind" Chloe sighs slightly "Just maybe ask for some time of Kian, we all know that your little moment with Jac is weighing on your mind-"

"Moment?"

"Fletch thought you might need support from your friends, people outside the situation" Chloe states and Kian smiles slightly "Just focus on Ebony...and Jac"

"You're right" Kian nods standing up and grabbing his jacket "I will see you later-"

"I didn't mean...now" she groans before sighing and shaking her head as he left the office...

-CS-

Kian was on a mission, well it was more of a need to make himself feel better about everything. Of course, he found himself going to the psychiatric unit Jac was at practically demanding that she saw him and by using his charm he managed to get the nurses to persuade Jac to see him. When he got in she was sitting in the armchair in the corner of the room, her long hair cascading past her shoulders as she reads a book, eventually, she acknowledged his presence and narrowed her eyes at him being here, it wasn't even visiting time as well not that she wanted any visitors right now.

"What?"

"Ok I need to be honest with you," he says pulling up a chair in front of her, she sighs folding the page to mark her spot in her book, she turns to look at him "This is shit timing Jac, I get that but I can't get you out of my head-"

"Kian"

"No just listen" he silences her and she looks up at him with glassy eyes "I just...every day since you left I have felt so sick and tired of having to pretend that I don't care when I do, no, I more than care Jac, I love you"

"No Kian, you don't" she shakes her head and gets up, she turns to look out of the window rubbing her hands over her face "You don't love me Kian, I mean it's an impossibility"

"No it's not because I know how I feel!" he raises his voice and that raw emotion dripping from it made her turn to look at him, she saw how cut up she was "I love you Jac, more than I hate to admit but here I am admitting how much I love you-"

"You're just dreaming Kian" she whispers, it was barely audible and she was kind of shocked at his audacity considering the position she was in "You can't love me, not after what we were"

"I can Jac" he protests and she just looks at him, a look that warranted no emotion "I can Jac, because I love you"

"Kian..." she shakes her head, she tried to get her words out "What happened a few days ago-"

"It put it all into perspective, you can't say it didn't" he tries but he could tell he was getting further away from what he wanted "Come on Jac, we're good together"