Chapter 19

A/N: So the chapter after this one is definitely the ending, I'm trying to figure out whether to go for a sad ending or a happy one. My original plan was a sad one but now I'm torn so we'll see.

~~~

It was the day they had been waiting for, Jac was eating breakfast with Kian and they were getting married today. Max had taken the list of electives down for everyone that was deemed close to them asking them to put everything on hold as there was going to be an all-important 'board meeting' in the form of Jac and Kian's wedding. It was a smart plan and Jac was happy that they were getting what they wanted and with the order that they desired without needing to drag people away from their jobs to watch them get married, not that they would probably mind as it was a special occasion. After a reluctant goodbye, Kian kissed her softly on the lips before leaving her to it to get ready, he also took Ebony with him to give Jac a bit of a break so she could focus on herself and Emma who was still asleep upstairs.

"Morning" Jac smiles at her daughter and she smiles back at her "I need a favour from you"

"Why?" Emma asks and Jac smiles walking over to the door, she picks up the dress that was hanging on the door to the living room "What's that?"

"Well this is for you, for today" Jac starts, she was scared of her daughter's reaction to her wedding that would be occurring in just under five hours

"What's happening today?" Emma responds curiously, she takes the dress and smiles up at her mother "Are you and Kian getting married?"

"What makes you think that?" she smiles at her daughters guess, maybe they had been blatantly obvious this past day and Emma cottoned on

"The ring" she points to Jac's hand and Jac just smiles slightly watching her daughter look at it

"Are you ok with it?" she asks and Emma hums thoughtfully before nodding enthusiastically "Good...good, because we need to get ready, we're meeting Kian at Holby in under five hours"

"Ok-" Emma starts before there was a knock at the door, Jac frowns and goes to look seeing Chloe standing there

"Chloe? What are you-"

"There's been a change of plan" Chloe starts and Jac raises an eyebrow "Kian, he text me and told me what you were planning but there's been a problem with the transportation so I'm going to take you to Holby and you're going to get ready there"

"But-"

"No buts, I'm just following the rules, come on" Chloe demands and Jac raises her eyebrows "What now?"

"When did you get so demanding?"

"I work with you dont I?" she teases and Jac scoffs at her before collecting the makeup bag and both of the dressed "Right, we need to go"

"I haven't had breakfast yet!" Emma protests and Jac just groans slightly looking at Chloe who was carrying the dresses

"We'll stop off on the way and get you something" Jac states and Emma nods "Now get dressed into something thats easy to get on and off and then we can go"

-CS-

A child in tow always meant for delays, Emma was indecisive about what she wanted for breakfast but after settling on a couple of cereal bars from a petrol station on the way to the hospital the day finally seemed like it could go smoother than it had been. Chloe ushered Jac and Emma through the hospital and up to Darwin, she smiled slightly at the bouquet of flowers on her desk, she went over to them and picked the card up and her heart warmed at Kian's gesture, the further she glanced into the bouquet there was a box, she pulled it out and gasped at the simple diamond earrings that were in there with a note from Kian saying how he hoped they would go with her dress. Somehow Jac couldnt control the way the tears pricked her eyes.