Part 2: Who Is Under The Mask?

"Yeah, I'm telling you, Bruce. There are people who have claimed to have seen a masked man swinging through the city and crawling along walls like he's some sort of spider."

Bruce Wayne and Oliver Queen were having a conversation at the League headquarters. Bruce who was looking into a rising crime syndicate for quite some time now was looking for any spikes of crime, specifically in weapon deals that ranging from Metropolis, Gotham, New York, and Central City. He got a tip from Carmine Falcone of an opposing Mafia family known as the Maggia that has been recently growing which gained the attention of many others. At this moment, Oliver was tipping Bruce about a rise of crime in New York that could potentially be the guy Bruce was looking for. On a side note, some of the crime had begun to dwindle due to a vigilante/hero who has been swinging around taking them down.

Bruce was intrigued by this but also worried. From what he's heard, the head of the Maggia family was a serious deal and even scared someone like Falcone. Even if this superhero has good intentions, sticking his nose into this guy's business could turn out really bad.

"So New York, right?"

Oliver nodded. "From the evidence and information I received, it would seem like that's the case."

Bruce hummed, "I'll be sure to look into it. Thank you, Oliver."

"No problem, Bruce." Oliver smiled, happy to help out a friend. The other League member patted Bruce on the shoulder and began heading out to tend to his own businesses back in Star City, leaving Batman to himself in his thoughts. Bruce turned back to the holo screen behind him and began contemplating.

It would seem like he's gonna be taking a quick visit to New York to look into two things. One, the crime syndicate, and two, this spider vigilante.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

(Y/N) shut his locker after grabbing his Chemistry book and other supplies. The teen wasn't in the best mood. After stopping the truck full of criminals the other day it was too late to get to meet Stan Lee at the convention as he had already left by the time he got there. To put salt on the wound Kurt managed to get his comic book signed and even got a picture with the famous comic book writer. 

Anyways, (Y/N) began making his way to his eighth-period Chemistry class up on the second floor when he felt his spider senses tingling. He quickly ducked, managing to avoid a football that was aiming right for him. He managed to regather himself after what had just happened and turned around with an agitated look. He wasn't at all surprised when he spotted Kyle Lee laughing with his other buddies in tow. "Sorry bout' that (L/N)!" He apologized yet was clearly not sorry.

Kyle walked past the other student while purposely bumping into his shoulder at the same time. The jock picked up the football from the ground before walking off to the same Chemistry class with a snarky laugh. (Y/N) only sighed. "Some things never change." He said to himself as he continued walking to Chem. At this point, he was already used to it.

That's how a normal day at Midtown High normally went. Get through his classes, talk with his buddy Kurt, nail a couple of tests, and lastly be the laughing stock of Kyle Lee. But hey at least with his powers he doesn't have to be trapped in a locker anymore which is a plus.

Finally reaching his classroom, he greeted his teacher with a smile, "Hey, Mrs. Langstrom."

"Good morning, (Y/N)! Great job on winning the Nationals with the academic decathlon team."