Part 11: Undercover Protection.

After getting assigned a new mission, the Young Justice took the Bio-Ship to fly over to Happy Harbor High School, where Red Arrow had said he left Dr. Roquette. It was almost 10 PM by the time they landed so it was relatively dark out. Since it was a covert job, the team donned their stealth suits.

The plan is to keep Dr. Roquette alive for long enough to create and upload a virus to 'The Fog'. If all goes well, no unwanted visitors should interrupt their lovely night, which they really hoped would be the case.

After landing on top of the school building, the team quickly exited from the Bio-Ship and kept it hovering over the school in its invisible mode. "Alright, here's what we're gonna do," Kaldur said as the team huddled together. "Superboy, Spider-Man, and Miss Martian, you three will patrol the outside of the building and make sure we have no guests. Kid Flash, Robin, Artemis, and I will secure the computer lab inside, and once we do that, Miss Martian will establish a telepathic link between us so the Shadows don't intercept our comms."

Everyone nodded, understanding their roles. With that, the team split off into two groups as Superboy, Spider-Man, and Miss Martian stayed outside on the roof while Aqualad, Robin, Kid Flash, and Artemis entered the building.

After entering the school, the second group began walking through the halls, looking for the computer lab where Roquette was left by Red Arrow. Kid Flash turned a corner and saw the room they had been looking for. "Think I found our girl." Kid Flash told the group, holding down his comp. The teen walked over to the door and began turning the knob. "Dr. Roquette. You here?"

Just as he finished saying that, he was suddenly hit in the face midway through opening the door, knocking him on his butt with a loud groan. Kid Flash held his nose, "Ow, what the h-"

"Who are you!?" A voice demanded in front of him. He looked up to see the very same woman the team was here to protect, holding a keyboard as a weapon.

"Jeez, lady." He groaned in a nasal voice from holding his nose, "You hit every person that tries to help you in the face with a keyboard? We were sent by Red Arrow. "

Fortunately, the blonde scientist seemed to calm down a bit upon hearing that and lowered the keyboard. "We? Who's we?"

The still somewhat dazed Kid Flash held down on his comp. "Yup, I definitely found her," he said.

Eventually, the second group met up with Kid Flash and informed Dr. Sterling of what was going on. It took a bit, but they managed to calm her down and convince her they were with the League. After settling down in the computer lab, Miss Martian set up a telepathic link between everyone, including Dr. Roquette, who was already getting to work on the virus.

"Everyone online?" Miss Martian questioned telepathically to the team.

Artemis held her head. It was admittedly pretty disorienting having voices in her head. "Oh, this is weird."

"And distracting." Dr. Roquette added while tapping away on a keyboard. "Coding a distributive algorithm virus on a kiddie computer with less RAM than a wristwatch is hard enough. Now I have to hear teen-think in my skull?"

Kid Flash, who was eating a chocolate bar, took a bite before responding with, "Lady, do you always complain when someone tries to help you?"

"Pot, kettle. Have you met?" Artemis joked with a smirk, motioning between the two.

Kid Flash shot a finger at the amused girl, "Hey, hey. I do not need attitude from the newbie who drove Red Arrow off the team."

Artemis glared at the accusation and jumped off the desk she was sitting on, "That is so not on me." She said, folding her arms.