Part 13: Do You Believe In Magic?

The streets of New York were empty for the night. Rats scurried about their business with no one bothering them. Among the peaceful silence, however, were the heavy footsteps of several masked individuals. You see, this specific night was the one when several thieves decided to get their greedy hands on some valuable items from a Jewelry Center that hadn't belonged to them.

After silently breaking inside, the robbers ran into the dark building, carrying flashlights and large sacks over their shoulders. "Alright." The leader of the group, by the name of Flint Marko, began. "Start grabbing whatever you can. Once you're done, we'll group back here." He said with everyone nodding in agreement. Afterward, the men split off in different directions and began searching for the most expensive jewels they could find. However, amidst all this, they were unaware of a certain individual who was watching the entire time.

One of the robbers stayed by the entrance to keep watch for any police who might try to stop them. He fiddled around with his gun, not really expecting anybody to be out at this hour. The man yawned when suddenly he was shot in the back with webbing before being pulled into the shadows. He didn't have time to scream as the assailant punched him in the face, knocking him out.

Another two burglars of the group were in a corner of the large room, which had cased lockers full of jewels, and they smashed them open before filling their sacks with the valuables. "This is going a lot smoother than I expected." One of the men remarked, shoving numerous jewels into his sack.

"Tell me about it. I just might be able to get home in time to satisfy the dame." The other replied back with a chuckle. After grabbing all that he could, the man hoisted the sack over his shoulder and said, "Alright. Finish taking what you can, and let's check on Johnny and Antonio upstairs." As he turned to look at his partner, he quickly realized that the other man was nowhere to be seen and had suddenly disappeared, leaving the shocked robber to himself in the dark room. "W-What the hell?" He uttered in confusion.

Suddenly, something from the darkness above yanked up the frightened robber with a web. The man tried to scream, but his mouth was quickly covered by webbing, shutting him up, and was punched a few times in the noggin. Before blacking out, the last thing he saw was his partner next to him on the chandelier, wrapped in a cocoon of webbing before enduring the same fate.

Johnny and Antonio, the two other robbers, were on the second floor, grabbing diamonds, rubies, and other assortment of items they could find. They eventually cleared the room, and once they were done, Antonio turned to his partner and said, "Alright, we're done here. Radio David and Cillian to hurry their asses up."

Johnny nodded and pulled out his walkie-talkie before speaking into it. "David, Cillian, we're done over here. You guys grab everything?" The two men received no response from the other end "Hello?" Johnny tried once more to no avail.

"Stay here. I'll go check on them." Antonio said, growing agitated. "If they fell asleep on the job, I swear...."

The man grabbed his sack and began heading out to check up on the other guys, who had become silent. Just as he stepped out of the room, a person who was waiting outside the doorway grabbed the man from behind and slammed him into the wall before confining him to it with webbing.

Johnny seemed to have heard the commotion, though, as he quickly perked up and grabbed the pistol tucked under his belt. "What the...Antonio, you good?" He called out to his partner. The man didn't respond to Johnny's concern. The burglar began shaking with fear, realizing something wasn't right there. "S-Screw this. I'm out of here." He stammered, voice quivering.

He turned and left through the other door with his full sack over his shoulder; there was no way he was gonna wait for Marko or Kyle amidst all this. As he ran out of the room, he bolted down the stairs and was about to turn the corner of the dark hall when he suddenly bumped into something, or rather someone. The man was then picked up by the collar by the assailant and was thrown down on the floor, knocking the wind out of him. Before the man could open his eyes to see who his attacker was, he then became snared to the floor with webbing.