You

Tears were rushing down his face. A sudden wave of emotions was washing over his body. He was surrounded by paintings and drawings. Canvases covering the walls around him. Smaller ones, bigger ones. Oil paintings, watercolour paintings, pencil drawings. He stood in front of a desk, where paint brushes were scattered all over. A cup of water, the usual clear colour now pink, was placed right next to an unfinished painting.

This one had caught his eyes, and sent millions of thoughts through his head.

*Seungjin chapter/ TW slight mention of abuse

It was a painting of himself. Which he didn't do.

He was in Hyunjins little art studio. Hyunjin had showed him the room quickly before, but he was never really in it. Seungmin knew and loved Hyunjins passion, he sometimes watched him sketch while he was trying to do work for university.

He wiped away the tears, rubbing his sleeve over his cheeks. But he couldn't stop them.

Hyunjin had painted him, capturing him in a way he didn't see himself.

When people tell you things over and over again for a long time you start to believe in them.

And it's hard to change that.

Seungmin had tried his best. Hyunjin had been by his side the whole time, which he was extremely grateful for.

He didn't know if he could've made it without Hyunjin. Sure his friends looked out for him too, something about Hyunjin was just different.

Hyunjin was patient, gentle, tried everything to show Seungmin that he was worth something.

Because he knew Seungmin had lost that feeling a long time ago.

Now that he saw the picture where Hyunjin showed love with details for every single feature of Seungmin, he was overwhelmed.

You don't deserve it

You don't deserve my love

You better take every hit, this is what you deserve

Nobody will ever love you again

Don't be clingy

You are annoying

Whore

Random sentences he had heard too often. He had lost himself back then, only seeking for love of a man that would never give it to him.

And now there was Hyunjin.

"Seungmin what is taking you so long, is my charger not there?"

Hyunjin stood in the doorframe, looking at Seungmins back. Something did not feel right. He walked up to the younger, slowly wrapping his arms around his body. Despite the touch being gentle Seungmin harshly flinched.

He heard Seungmins sniffles, it tugged on his heart. He basically felt the boy break in his arms to how fragile he was at that exact second. Softly he turned Seungmin around, now meeting his eyes. They were red and glossy, every now and then a tear still rolling down his cheek.

He brought his thumb up to Seungmins cheek, wiping the little drops away. Then he pulled him into a comforting hug.

The painting. Seungmin had seen it, Hyunjin was sure of it. He had forgotten he had left it there when Seungmin came over after school.

"Seungmin are you crying because of the painting?"

He felt the younger nodding against his shoulder. Which resulted into the heavy feeling in Hyunjins chest growing.