CHAPTER FIFTEEN - the coffee shop

after having dinner with my parents, i do the dishes and shower. i decide what i'm gonna wear tomorrow, which consists of a sage green short dress. i softly flop on my bed, milo fast asleep. while scrolling through tiktok for a long time, a notification pops up at the top.

_______________________________________________________

my livie <3

hey, finally decided on a place

how about the coffee shop near

the dog park at 1pm tomorrow?

sounds good, meet you there :)

________________________________________________________

i didn't realise it was already 12am, tiktok does make you lose track of time quickly. i brush my teeth and get into bed, milo going to his bed outside. i tuck myself in and close my eyes, trying to sleep. it feels so empty without liv here. i think to myself, before drifting to bed.

BZZZZ! BZZZZ! i jolt up, my phone ringing in my ear. i turn my alarm off and lay in bed for a few minutes. 11:30am, the time read on my phone. i really slept in last night, i wonder why. eventually, i get up and brush my teeth, making toast with a fruit smoothie. i get ready, wearing on the dress and putting some eyeliner and simple makeup on. the time read 12:45, and i decide to leave. as my parents were at work, i lock up the door and get in the car, making my way to the coffee shop.

i get there at 1:05pm, the slight traffic making the arrival time later. this wasn't just any coffee shop, it was a rather fancy one. a fancy one that makes you have to order a table of how many people there are, in this case 2. "table for 2, please." i say politely to the waiter who brings me over to a table, well, for two. i pull out my phone and text liv.

_________________________________________________________

my livie <3

i'm here! got a table already, meet inside

you'll see me when you walk in

__________________________________________________________

five minutes pass, and i figure she's just driving, traffic increasing i guess. another 10 pass, and a waiter comes up to me and asks if i'm ready to order, which i reply no as i'm waiting for someone.

i hate to be a double texter, but 30 minutes have passed, still no text back from liv nor her walking through the door, so i decide to text her again.

___________________________________________________________

my livie <3

hey you almost here?

it's been half an hour lol

___________________________________________________________

another hour passed the time being 2:30pm, and still not text or olivia in sight. i take a deep sigh before turning my phone off. she wouldn't stand me up, would she? "i hate to be the one to break it to you, but i don't think the person you're looking for is coming." a tall, brown eyed, fluffy brown haired waiter says with a rather thick english accent. i quickly examine him, his waiter badge reading 'louis partridge'.