Chapter 6

It was dark when she got the text

It was dark when she got the text. Kristine let out another groan. "Oh my god. Is everyone having a bad day?"

"What? Levi?"

"Had another fight with his girlfriend. He asked if he could crash at my place again. He has a key so I told him yes, but I was spending the night here. I have Debi drama that I'm not leaving you with."

"I should have decked her," Jordan muttered.

"Why didn't you?"

"The woman has muscles! Have you seen her lift weights? Bruh, my arms would snap under her pressure. I play soccer, play video games, school and maybe play a few cords on a guitar. That's all my hands can do and soccer doesn't even involve hands or arms!"

"Point taken. When you do gymnastics, you have to be able to lift yourself up, but I doubt I can do that anymore. Not that I weighed much when I was your age. I was so tiny."

"You were fine then and you are fine now. Maybe you could have used a few more calories when you were with your mom, but you're fine."

"Thanks. I didn't have to do much to gain twenty pounds in three years. In fact, I did nothing. How many stories do hear when the girl tries to gain weight and not lose it?"

Jordan shook his head. "You're such a weirdo."

"Yet relatable?"

"Yet an idiot." Jordna smirked.

She shrugged. "Whatever." She lost another round to him. "Shoot. I'm done with this game too. Want a pizza?"

"Depends. Is it Domino's like Debi insists or is it Papa John's or something else?"

"Only Papa John's, JB."

"Then I am so in!"

She laughed and made the order. "Wanna put a Christmas movie in? Have any in mind. All the ones I can think of is cheesy Christmas romance movies, which do you like or?"