Chapter 9

Song by Olivia Rodrigo. Video by The New Vibe.

Sorry, Olivia Rodrigo. Not sure if this is how you meant the song to be used for but it's the best fit. 😅

 😅

It was the twenty third of December

It was the twenty third of December. That meant it was two days away from being Christmas and Jordan's phone unfortunately had yet to arrive. Kristine had really hoped that the phone would have come in sooner, but she had to be patient.

She hadn't seen him since the whole Debi cheating on their father ordeal. How that witch wrapped Mr. Baker around her finger was beyond Kristine's imagination. Being busy with work was a lame excuse in her opinion, but it was Christmas time and the store was always super busy during the Holiday season. However, she would be seeing him on Christmas and Christmas Eve and she could check on how he was doing then.

Her phone buzzed from a notification. She looked at it to find Amy had sent the text.

Amy: Have you heard Miley's new song? Like what the heck happened? She said that it was dedicated to Levi.

Kristine: No?

Amy: I'll send a link.

Kristine clicked on the link and the song plasted at her, so she had to turn it down a couple notches. She had so many questions. Did Levi buy a new car? And when did he get a new girl? And he certainly hadn't moved on yet. It wasn't for Levi was it? He did have a therapist though.

She noticed Amy sent her a link to Miley having video explaining her break up Levi Walter.

"So..." Miley began. "You've all been asking what happened to me and Levi and why we broke up. It's really hard to talk about, and it's really hard on me right now. But I guess I'll give a short summary. Umm... well, obviously, he moved on and ditched me for a girl he knew back in high school. He just released a song a couple weeks ago that's hers. He actually would go spend nights at her place more than with me and it's really hard to accept that he never loved me. At least, maybe he did at first, but it just wasn't healthy, and he was going around with some other girl and we had to draw a line. So yeah, that's what happened."

"What the hell?" Kristine was about to throw hands with Miley that very moment. If she had the mind to, she would hunt the woman down and deck her had it been the appropriate thing to do. Unfortunately she was going to have to show her maturity and not get in a fight.

That's when she saw the comments and suddenly, she saw red. They were all sending that woman pity and talking trash about her Levi Walter. No one trashed her childhood friend when she could help it.

She texted Amy, telling her that the story was wrong and that he broke up with Miley because she was toxic and abusive. He was definitely not dating her and Levi was, in fact, crushed by the break up. Then she dialed Levi's number and he picked up.

"Kris?"

"Have you been on the internet?"

"Why?"

"Have you heard Miley's new song and her new video about your break up?"

"No? You told me not to contact her, so I just cut her out completely for the moment."

"I think you need to press charges about her hitting you with that glass bottle. If you don't, I swear to God that I will sue the woman myself! The internet hates you because that lying bitch decided to paint you as the villain and a cheater!"

"What?"

"You heard me. She claimed that you were cheating on her with me! That I'm your girlfriend and that you were just being a slut! I mean, she said it a lot nicer than me, but that's exactly what she meant! Now Levi, I'm not putting up with this. I stood aside with her. I gave you my honest opinion throughout your relationship with her, but I'm putting my foot down. You have got to clear your name and I want her red hair dragged in the dirt!"

"Kris, calm down. Relax. It's going to just blow over-"

"Tell that to Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez! No one let it go, Levi!"

"Ok. First off, I'm not that famous. Second of all, I don't care about shipping wars. Trust me, this will blow over. If it makes you feel better, I'll send out a video to clarify everything. Ok?"

Kristine drew in a shaky breath. "Fine, but be quick about it. The things people are saying about you is so I infuriating, I just-ugh!"

"Ok. It's the internet. Hate comments happen. Just ignore it. It doesn't matter, trust me. Forget about it and have a great Christmas, ok?"

"Alright, but there's no way I'm going to be able to just forget it, but I'll try not to let it ruin and control my Christmas," she promised. "So, how are you and your parents?"

"We're doing great. I've needed to come home a long time ago, this is nice. I'll plan on coming here more often. Maybe you'll want to come with me sometime."

She grinned a little. "That sounds nice. I haven't seen your parents since they moved there two years ago. They're like secondary parents to me. It would be good to see them again in person."

"I think they would really like seeing you again."

Well, hell is about to break loose soon, but first, we got a Holiday chapter coming up next