Chapter 17

To say it was cold was an understatement

To say it was cold was an understatement. Unfortunately, Jordan had to get out of his bed to get ready for school. He grabbed his clothes and went down stairs to get in the shower. He noticed Debi was watching TV as he walked to the bathroom. The door was closed. Odd.

He opened the door and immediately shut it when he saw a man in there. They both shouted and Jordan slammed the door shut. "Damn it, Debi! You didn't tell me you were renting the room already!"

"You should have knocked!" Debi retorted.

"I'm the only one who uses it! So I didn't think I'd have to!"

"Just shut up, will you? You're such a headache."

He was a headache? If Debi communicated with him, there wouldn't be so much of an issue. But... Maybe he was annoying. Either way, he didn't care because he would rather be annoying brat to Debi than someone like her.

Jordan just muttered under his breath as he walked to the kitchen to put his pop tarts in the toaster to eat while he waited for the bathroom. Debi whacked him on the back of his head as he walked by.

He turned to look at her in shock as he rubbed his head. "What the hell was that for?"

"Stop your whining. I'm tired of your disrespect, you little shit," she warned.

True, he wasn't very respectful to her. He had always tried, but it was very hard to respect someone who didn't respect his boundaries and opinion, and cheat and manipulate his father.

"You're the one that doesn't tell me anything. Clearly, I'm in your way. Why was it so important to you that I did not go with Kristine?" Jordan pointed out.

"Why are you so ungrateful?"

"Ungrateful?" Jordan sputtered with disbelief.

"Yes, ungrateful," Debi repeated.

"How-"

"The next words out of your mouth should be something like thank you," she cut in.

"For what?"