Halo Legends - The Package

Halo Legends – The Package

Cast:

Master Chief John-117 – Jaune Arc

Frederic-104 – Ren Lie

Kelly-087 – Nora Valkryie

Solomon-069 – None

Arthur-079 – None

"And I'm back," Zack said.

"Did you have to dump that TV into a blackhole?" Winter asked.

"Sure I did," Zack said. "I'm still banned from tossing it into temporal anomalies after that run in with the TVA."

"Who?" Glynda asked.

"Temporal Variance Authority," Zack said. "Real assholes. Anyway, I grabbed this on my way back."

He held up a disk.

"Is it Halo Infinite?" Nora asked.

"No... but it is Halo," Zack said as he put the disk in.

Onboard ONI PRO-49776 an ONI stealth ship, a team of five SPARTAN-II supersoldiers, Jaune, Nora, Arthur, Solomon and Ren were being briefed by Captain Jiron.

"Oh, we're in this one," Ren said.

"Who are the other two?" Pyrrha asked.

"No one of importance," Zack said.

"They're extras that are there to be killed," Tyrian wisely said.

"The Covenant has captured a high priority package," the captain said. "SPARTANs, it's your job to infiltrate enemy space and retrieve it. Mission window: ten minutes. The target is equipped with a location beacon, but you'll have to get close to read it. It's a weak signal with a short radius. A local stellar-magnetic field is preventing the Covenant Fleet from making a slipspace jump. You'll be flying in with EVA Booster Frames. When you reach the Covenant Fleet, find the signal, find the ship, find a way in and grab that target. The Covenant doesn't appear to realise the full value of what they've acquired, and that's the way we want to keep it. Complete the extraction before they figure out what they've got. Alright, SPARTANs, you have your orders. Good luck."

"Yes sir!" the SPARTANS saluted.

"Important mission," Ironwood said.

"Sounds like some of the missions we did," Clover said.

"What kind of missions?" Robyn asked.

"Those are state secrets, comrade," Ironwood said.

"I'm not your comrade," Robyn said, annoyed.

In the hangar bay, technicians prepared the EVA Booster Frames. As the SPARTANs donned their helmets and walked out, the Master Chief stopped.

"Captain?" Jaune asked.

"What is it, Master Chief?" Captain Jiron asked back.

"What happens if we run out of time?"

"Then our only choice will be to annihilate the Covenant Fleet, the package and your entire team," the captain answered. "Is that clear enough?"

Jaune nodded. "I understand."

"Well I don't!" Coco said.

"He's going to blow them up if they don't make it in time!?" Ruby asked.

"Sometimes the alternative is worse," Ozpin solemnly said.

"Who knows," Jaune said. "You could be stuck on an island that's housing a factory manufacturing world-ending super weapons and you have to open the doors."