Chapter 27: Confronting the Demons

Meanwhile, back in Florida...

It was once again a dark and stormy night – as per usual Floridian tropical weather. The rumbling of tropical thunder echoed throughout the city as Demetria sat in front of the complex, being drenched with rain as she stood in the open; the only light source being the flashes of lightning as she stood there menacingly. She grit her teeth viciously as the gates automatically opened for her.

She skilfully glanced from side to side; her senses heightened due to her impending rage nearing its breaking point. Still, she managed to keep seemingly reserved as she was given the red carpet treatment inside the complex. She sat at the entrance, closing her eyes and sighing before she entered.

"This is it... there's no turning back, Deme," she said to herself.

She burst the doors open in spectacular fashion. In front of her now was a flurry of patrolmen and henchmen; all jumping as she made her grand entrance.

"It's the other Boltarius!" a henchman yelled

"Well, well... looks like our company has arrived," Devon said.

"Alright, where are they?!" Demetria barked.

"My, we are certainly feisty today, right fellas?" Devon laughed.

"Heh, yeah!" the henchmen echoed.

"Well, surely you want to see your parents then?" Devon asked.

"Go on." Demetria allowed.

"Right this way, then. Stand down, men." Devon ordered.

All the henchmen turned around and shot Devon a confused stare.

"Huh?" a henchman gasped.

Wary that she may be falling into a trap, Demetria slowly but surely followed Devon through the complex. She was surrounded by a dozen henchmen every time she moved, all staring at her as she rolled through.

"These past couple of weeks must have been hard on you," Devon said.

"Alright, what's going on?" Demetria barked.

"It's just... you used to be so confident... only to fall so low!" Devon mocked.

"What is going on here?" Demetria barked.

"You'll see..." Devon hinted.

Demetria and Devon made it to the next room, still being followed by a mass of readied henchmen. They faced a massive, blank grey wall.

"What is this? What am I supposed to be looking at?" Demetria asked.

"Just watch..." Devon prompted.

A large project began playing on the wall. It was a slideshow/video of sorts, showcasing pictures of lemons.

"What is all this, damnit?!" Demetria asked.

"Do you see these cars?" Devon barked.

"Yeah? What about them?" Demetria said.

"These are all cars that you, your husband, your parents, your friends... all killed. By your own tires." Devon said.

Demetria sat in her spot, confused as to what Devon's point was.

"You see... this may not be of concern to you, but these are lives that you've ruined. They were just doing their jobs... and your kind killed them. Cold blood – without mercy." Devon barked.

"...that's because they were trying to kill us." Demetria barked.

"They were trying to make a living... trying to end this hierarchy of the fancy cars getting all the preferential treatment!" Devon yelled.