PODCAST ONE: WHEN THINGS BLOW UP (LITERALLY)

YOU HAVE SELECTED: PODCAST ONE- WHEN THINGS BLOW UP (LITERALLY)

ALLOTTED TIME: 15 MINUTES AND 46 SECONDS

TO PAUSE, PRESS YOUR SPACE BAR. TO FAST FORWARD, PRESS A AND TO REWIND, PRESS B.

*STATIC FILLS THE AIR AND THEN YOU HEAR A MALE VOICE SPEAK, SLIGHTLY TOO HIGH BUT DEFINITELY A TEEN BOY*

SPEAKER: Hello, dear....

(You can't see this, but to paint a picture: Leo is in the Hephaestus cabin, with metal bunk beds around him. He's wearing his tool belt, brown jeans, a black shirt with multiple oil stains on it and his curly brown hair is falling into his eyes. He's on his bunk bed, the curtain pulled halfway across. Faint flames of fire flickers through his lean fingers, which tap nervously on his thigh.)

*muffled murmuring as speaker covers microphone with his hand*

SPEAKER: *to themselves* Wait, what do I call them? Listener? Reader?

*sound of hand being removed*

MALE VOICE: Hello, dear human who is listening to this, I am Leo and-

* Doors slams open in distance and Leo shrieks like a little girl*

*High female sounding voice sounds from far away, getting louder as they draw nearer*

FEMALE VOICE: LEO! What the hell are you doing?

LEO VALDEZ: Shit. Hold on-

*static as LEO covers microphone with his hands once more*

*sound of a curtain being pulled aside, revealing Clarisse La Rue (dressed in Black yoga pants, sneakers and a black over-sized t-shirt with a fiery red bull on it. Her hair is pulled back in a bun.)

LEO: Clarisse, I'm doing a Podcast, what do you want?

CLARISSE:*takes in the laptop on his bed, as well as the microphone* A Podcast?? On your bed? Why are you- *pauses* Actually, I don't care.

LEO: Hey!

CLARISSE: Percy is stuck in the basketball hoop again. Annabeth and I told him he wouldn't fit, even if he was covered in melted butter but...

LEO: ...But he's Percy. Okay. *sigh*

*Sound of microphone being uncovered*

LEO: Okay, dear listeners, this is Mr. McShizzle Bad Boy signing off, I guess, so we'll-

CLARISSE: Hold up. Why are you ending it? I can just talk to them while you unstick Percy.

LEO: *hesitant with terror* Uh, no offense Clarisse, but you're not exactly the best person for this kinda thing...

CLARISSE: *Annoyed* Why because I'm too 'blunt' for you and your loser listeners?

LEO: *Offended* Hey! They're not losers! In fact, I have 1200 listeners right now, so HAH! 

CLARISSE:*sarcastic* Wow, a whole 1200 listener count? *fake gasps in awe* I only have 30 0000 listeners on my Podcast.

LEO: *shook* Hold up, you have a Podcast? *tsks* what do you talk about, how to properly stab someone?

*tense silence fills the air*

*You can literally feel Clarisse's anger roll off her in waves*

*You hear a short, sharp yelp and then LEO returns, flustered*

LEO: Okay, so we're gonna let Clarisse here, Daughter of Ares; take over while I go ice my foot and unstuck Percy.

*****************

Hola! This is the first half of Podcast one- I have to split it all up. As I mentioned before, I literally have no clue what this is , but yeah. I hope you enjoy. Also, please comment and vote! it means a lot and helps the book keep going!