PODCAST THREE: A MUMMY TELLS US WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE

SETTING: LEO AND PERCY ARE IN THE ATTIC WITH THE DELPHI ORACLE. IT'S MUSTY AND DANK AND WITH SHELVES SURROUND THEM. DUST COVERED EVERYTHING IN SIGHT. ON ONE SHELF, YOU CAN SEE A RED SCARF WITH A TAG ON IT THAT SAYS, "APHRODITE'S LOVE SCARF- RETRIEVED MY PERCY JACKSON AND ANNABETH CHASE' (:d), LEO HOLDS A PORTABLE MICROPHONE AND PERCY LOOKS SCARED OUT OF HIS MIND.

LEO: * bumps microphone into PERCY's face with a loud THWUMP*

PERCY: Leo, could you get that thing out of my face, please?

LEO: *coughs* why's it so dusty up here?

PERCY: *deadpan* it's an attic.

LEO: So? Frank's attic was full of cannon balls and stuff. Ours is filled with, *looks around* old junk. *spot scarf* Hey, what's-

PERCY: *jumps and blocks Leo's hand* NO! Don't touch that!

LEO: *holds hand to chest, looking wounded – sounds hurt* Why'd you just smack me like that, man? I was just looking at the scarf.

PERCY: *flushes and sounds embarrassed* it's just that that scarf was something me and Annabeth got on one of our missions, when we were little.

LEO: *scoffs* Worried I'll ruin it, now are you?

PERCY:* irritated* No. it's covered in some love potion or something. When I'd tried to touch it, Annabeth had smacked me and said, 'No! No love potion for you!" or something.

LEO: *now intensely curious in the scarf* Love Potion, huh? *looks at Percy* Think if I'll gave this to Clarisse or someone-

PERCY: * dead serious* I think she'll kick your cookies up your sternum.

LEO: *frowns* my sternum is in my throat. How would she....? *gasps, horrified* Oh my...

PERCY: *smug* exactly.

THEY SIT IN SILENCE TO MOURN ALTERNATE REALITY LEO'S JEWELS IF HE EVER DID THAT.

LEO: *shudders* okay, enough about my choking on my own cookies- *snorts*

PERCY: *snorts*

LEO: *snorts then composes himself* Ahem, OKAY! Let's talk to this mummy then get out of here – I can practically feel the dust coating my lungs.

PERCY: *turns to Oracle* Right, uh. Spirit of Delphi, uh.... *glances back at Leo, who shrugs* Uh, can you tell us how to-

LEO: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHCHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

PERCY: *lets out a horror-movie level scream before promptly crashing into a shelf, knocking over a shield that looks like Ares used it as a football*

*Shield falls to floor with a loud CHLASHHHHHHHHHH*

LEO: *dies with laughter* Bwahahahahah!

PERCY: *visibly flustered* what the hell, Leo?

LEO: *gasping* Dear listener.... *gasp giggle gasp* HAHAHAHA! I j-just s-scared Percy J-Jackson *bursts into a new wave of giggles*

PERCY: *annoyed* Gods, are you five?