1.3: The Rest of the Gang

PERCY: ...

PERCY: That was different! Today's my birthday!

CLARISSE: No, it's not. It's actually the anniversary of the death of-

PERCY: No, okay? Please don't say it.

CLARRISE: * sounding softer and less like she's about to stab Percy with a wrench* (which doesn't make sense, since her hands are locked behind her head but you never know) It's been a year, buddy.

POIGNANT MOMENT OF SILENCE.

PERCY: * gloomily* I know that, Clarisse, but it doesn't make it any easier.

CLARISSE:*tentative * I miss him, too, you know. *softer* we all do.

PERCY: *irritated * you barely even knew him, Clarisse.

CLARISSE: *Hurt (: O)* True, but I knew enough. What he did... I will never be able to reach that level of bravery. He was a good man, Percy that much I do know.

LAPSE INTO SILENCE.

DOOR SLAMS OPEN AND YOU HEAR HOOVES ON THE WOODEN FLOOR.

COACH HEDGE: * bellows* I'm here, Cupcakes!

(You can't see this but, Coach Hedge is wearing a neon yellow fanny-pack with a bunch of tiny baby goats on it and his red ball cap is backwards, his horns sticking out clearly through his fur. He's wearing his signature work out outfit- blue polo shirt and black cargo pants, except he has a baby monitor attached to the strap of his fanny pack. He's holding a bottle of green Gatorade and a slice of pineapple, no pepperoni pizza.)

ANNABETH RUSHES IN BEHIND HIM, OUT OF BREATH. LEO STUMBLES IN AFTER HER, FOLLOWED BY PIPER, HAZEL LEVESQUE,  AND FRANK ZHANG. THEY'RE ALL RED FACED AND OUT OF BREATH.

FRANK IS HUGE AND TALL AND IN A NAVY BLUE TRACK SUIT. HIS HAIR HAS GROWN OUT SOME AND FALLS INTO HIS FACE A LITTLE BIT. HIS EYES ARE SAD.

PIPER MCLEAN IS DRESSED IN BLUE JEANS AND A SNOOPY T-SHIRT. HER HAIR IS BRAIDED AND HER SIGNATURE FEATHER IS STUCK IN IT. HER EYES ARE PUFFY AND RED, LIKE SHE'S BEEN CRYING.

HAZEL IS WEARING BLUE JEANS AND A PURPLE CAMP JUPITER SHIRT. HER WILD HAIR CASCADES BEAUTIFULLY DOWN AROUND HER FACE. HER GOLDEN EYES ARE AS SHARP AS EVER.

LEO LOOKS THE SAME EXCEPT COVERED IN BUTTER AND WHAT LOOKS LIKE A THOUSAND LITTLE CLOVERS.

HAZEL: *panting* What's wrong?

CLARISSE: *from bed* I'm stuck.