Chapter 2

"Whoa, easy girl." You said, slowing your horse down.

Snow was now falling steadily from the sky as you leant forward, patting your horses neck while riding through the front gates of Kaer Morhen.

Nothing had changed since the last time you were here as you made your way around to the stables. There were a few horses already there as you dismounted yours and lead her into her own stable.

After making sure she had fresh water and food, you did a once over of the other horses, but you were pretty sure none of them were Roach. Although, Geralt may have gotten a new horse since that last time you saw him, so you weren't going to hold your breath.

You began to make your way back around to the front of the building, but paused at the large front doors.

You could hear your fellow Witchers inside, talking, laughing and carrying on, you just hoped like hell that Geralt wasn't in there.

Taking a deep breath, you pushed the front doors open and walked inside.

The second the doors closed behind you, everyone stopped what they were doing, all of them turning to look at you.

For an endless span of time, nobody moved or said anything as you looked over at everyone and released a small sigh of relief when Geralt was nowhere to be seen.

"Holy fucking shit, Y/N!" Lambert shouted, breaking the silence as he looked over at you in shock.

"Hey boys." You greeted, unable to stop yourself from smiling.

You pulled off your large coat as you walked into the room, draping it over the nearest chair before Lambert reached your side and wrapped you up in a tight hug.

"He won't admit it, but he missed you." Coen called out causing them all to all laugh.

"Shut up. You lot missed her too." Lambert responded, letting go of you as he glared at the others.

"I missed you idiots too."

One by one, you hugged the men that you considered brothers before you paused and looked around, only just noticing that your actual brother was nowhere to be seen.

That's odd. He never missed a winter here.

"He'll be here soon. Don't worry, girl." Vesemir's voice suddenly said.

You paused, slowly turning around to find the older man walking into the room with a rare smile plastered on his face.

"Vesemir." You said, rushing over to him and pulling him into a hug. "How have you been?"

"Better now that most of you kids are here." He responded, pulling away from you, his hand still on your shoulder. "I heard about you and Geralt. I'm sorry."

You opened your mouth about to ask what exactly he heard before he continued talking,

"Lambert ran into him a while back, Geralt told him what happened."

You sighed, glaring at Lambert across the room who had the audacity to try and look innocent.

"I didn't mean to tell Vesemir, but after a few too many drinks, that stuff just kind of slips out."

"You're such a fucking light weight." Vortek teased, throwing a piece of bread at him.

"Fuck off." Lambert grumbled, ditching the bread back at him causing you to roll your eyes at their childlike behaviour.

"Come have a drink, Y/N." Coen suddenly said, holding up a cup of something that you were almost certain was going to taste like shit, but you accepted it anyway.