Chapter 3

For the next hour, you sat beside Lambert, talking and drinking while trying to ignore all the naked women that were tossing themselves to your fellow Witchers.

A few had tried to throw themselves on you as well, which seemed to amuse Lambert as he watched. But, you just gave the women a drinks and talked to them instead, which they seemed grateful for.

Once they moved on, you and Lambert continued bickering and talking shit, but it didn't last long.

Suddenly, the medallion around your neck started to vibrate and you instantly knew something was wrong.

You looked over at Lambert, his wide eyes locking with yours as he grabbed his own medallion around his neck in confusion.

Yep, something was definitely wrong.

You quickly stood up, glancing around the room just as the rest of the Witchers all hurriedly stood up, sensing that something was wrong.

The medallions that were hung on the tree in the middle of the room all began to vibrate and buzz just as Geralt came rushing into the room on high alert.

"Maybe Eskel's leshy wants its hand back." Coen said, as the entire building started to creak.

Shit, you shouldn't have left your sword in your room.

"Wield your wits, boys and girl." Vesemir said, adding the last word as he glanced over at you.

"I'll secure the guests." Lambert quickly said, already ushering the half naked women towards the sleeping quarters.

"I'll check the perimeter." Coen added.

"We'll check the back." Another added before all the Witchers quickly disappeared out the cafeteria, leaving you, Geralt and Vesemir in the room.

"I'll find Cirilla." Geralt said, glancing over at Vesemir.

"No. You do what you do best. Stay and fight."

Geralt looked like he wanted to argue. Not wanting Cirilla to be alone with a potential threat nearby and it was then that you began to understand just how much he cared for the girl.

You could see it now, just in the way that Geralt was willing to argue with Vesemir, you could see how much he had changed. He never wanted to claim, Cirilla. He never cared about destiny, but now, well now, she was like the kid he could never have.

"I'll make sure she's safe."

You didn't even realise you had actually said that until Geralt looked over at you in surprise, but nodded in appreciation.

"Thank you."

"This doesn't change anything between us." You warned, glancing over your shoulder at him before jogging out the room.

You might hate Geralt right now, but Ciri was just an innocent kid.

Running down the corridor, you bumped into Lambert who was ushering all the women into any bedrooms that weren't locked. He caught your eye for a moment before you ducked into the room on your left, relief washing over when you found Ciri asleep on the bed.

The girl awoke with a gasp when Lambert barged into the room behind you with his sword out and a few women behind him.

"Look alive, girl! We've got company." He shouted.

"What are you doing? Stay back." Ciri quickly said, sitting up in sudden fear.

"It's okay. It's okay." You hurriedly reassured, raising your hands as you stepped between her and Lambert. "Don't barge into a girls room waving about you sword, you idiot."