Chapter 8

When you finally reached the outskirts of Cintra, there were a group of knights fighting Yennefer and Ciri.

Two of them had Ciri pinned to the ground, while Yennefer tried to fight off a couple others with a... with a stick? Why the fuck was she using a stick to fight? That was a question for later.

You didn't give two shits about Yennefer, so you ran towards the ones holding Ciri instead.

Geralt took care of the ones by Yennefer, riding past on his horse and cutting their heads off with his sword while Yarpen and his men made quick work of the rest of the knights.

"Get off her!" You shouted, running towards Ciri.

The two men holding her quickly turned towards you. Their eyes narrowed in your direction from behind their helmet and the first one swung his own sword at you.

You easily blocked his blade with your own and kicked him in the stomach while he was exposed, sending the man to the ground before impaling your sword through his stomach.

Ciri quickly got to her feet, backing away from the other knight who you easily handled with a cut to the knee and then a swing to the head.

"Behind you!" Ciri suddenly shouted, pointing at something behind you.

You quickly spun around, your sword up and ready to find a knight charging at you, but Geralt decapitated him with his own sword before he could make a move.

Looking around, you very quickly realised that all the knights were dead.

Shit, that was one of the quickest fights ever.

You looked back over at Geralt who was breathing heavily and you knew it wasn't because he was out of breath, he was pissed.

Geralt was very, very angry.

Suddenly, Yennefer came running to the three of you, but Geralt quickly raised his sword, stopping her in an instant as the blade pressed against her neck.

You kept your sword in your hands, not taking your eyes off Yennefer, prepared to end her if she tried any of her magic to try and escape.

"How could you do this?" Geralt asked, his voice strong and demanding.

"I'm so sorry."

"It's a little too late for fucking apologies." You said bluntly, sheathing your sword.

If she was going to try and escape, she would have done it by now.

"Yarpen and his men will get you out of here. Jaskier?" Geralt called out, looking from Ciri over to the bard. "Take her to Kaer Morhen. Ciri and Y/N know the way."

Hold on, what?

"No. No, I'm staying with you." Ciri quickly said, shaking her head.

"You can't."

"Why? Where are you going?" The girl asked, worriedly.

Geralt looked back at Yennefer, his sword still against her neck.

"To slay a monster." He answered, turning back to Ciri. "I'll be with you soon, I promise."

Ciri stared at him for a moment before reluctantly nodding, "alright."

You watched as Ciri started to walk back to the horses as Jaskier held her hand out towards her in a greeting.

"The Child Surprise, I've heard so much about-" He started to say, but Ciri just walked straight past him without a word. "Like father, like daughter."

"The girl. Yours?" Yarpen questioned, looking over at Geralt.

"Mine." Geralt growled, stepping closer to Yennefer as he glared down at her. "Mine, Zigrin."