Chapter 14

When you started to regain consciousness the first thing you noticed was the strong stench of blood as you forced your eyes open.

Everything was blurry as you tried to look around and you blinked your eyes a few times to clear them.

Where the hell were you?

It was dark. The rock wall opposite you had you thinking you were in some kind of basement or castle, but you couldn't be sure.

"Help us. Please, help us."

Who the hell was that?

You looked further down the dark room in the direction of the voice and had to do a double take when you saw what it came from. Your stomach dropped and you felt as though you were going to be sick as you stared at the three disembodied female heads held up by strands of flesh along the wall.

What the fuck was this place?

Your head was foggy, and you couldn't think straight. The last thing you remember was... what was the last thing you could remember?

There was the portal. Geralt breaking Rience's hands and then... something had knocked you out.

Shit.

Panic began to soar through your body as you sat up on alert but came to the very quick realisation that your wrists were bound by chains and hooked to the ground.

What the fuck?

You yanked on the chains expecting them to break under your Witcher strength, but the metal didn't even budge. You tried again, but it was useless. You were too weak, and you had no idea why.

Everything was still a little blurred, your head now spinning after you tried to move.

Why were you so weak?

"Shh. He's coming. He's coming." One of the heads across the room warned.

You looked up, but the world around you tilted on its axes and you crashed back to the cold, hard floor just as heavy footsteps echoed across the room.

"Ah, the Witcher is awake."

A familiar voice called out, but you couldn't quite place who it belonged to.

A tall figure appeared in front of you, but everything was still blurry. You couldn't see the person clearly, only able to make out the dark cloak that hung loosely over their body. The person knelt beside you and something sharp suddenly pinched your arm. You looked down in confusion to find a thick needle piercing your lower arm.

What the hell?

Suddenly, the thick needle started to fill up with red liquid and it took your cloudy brain a moment to figure out that it was your blood. This person was taking your blood.

Once the vial at the end of the needle was filled, something sharp pierced your neck and in a matter of seconds your eyes were closing involuntarily, and you lost consciousness.

-

Minutes. Hours. Days. It all blurred together.

Whoever had kidnapped you was smart enough to know that they couldn't keep a full strength Witcher hostage, so they kept you drugged and knocked out majority of the time.

There were small pockets of windows where you were drifting between consciousness and vaguely aware of what was happening around you. A young blonde girl would appear every now and then, but you had no idea who she was.

The tall blurry figure kept injecting her with something as well, but you had a bad feeling that it wasn't just to keep her drugged and weak, there something more going on.