Chapter 9

You awoke in sudden pain.

Your eyes shooting open to find Ciri standing above you, holding a bloodied knife as pain seared through your stomach.

What the hell was going on?

Ciri took a hesitant step back as you looked down at your stomach to find bright crimson blood staining your shirt before you looked back at Ciri in utter shock.

She had just stabbed you. Why the fuck did she just stab you?

Before you could really process what happened, Ciri charged at you with the knife and you quickly raised your hand, forming an Aard, sending her flying into the wall across the room.

You watched as Ciri hastily got to her feet, but to your shock, she didn't try and attack, instead opting to run out the room.

"Fuck." You swore, watching her leave before you sat up, hissing at the sudden pain that flared through your stomach.

Your mind was flying a thousand miles a minute, trying to figure out why Ciri had tried to kill you in your sleep as you carefully lifted up your shirt with a shaky hand, exposing a very deep stab wound beneath, blood pouring from it.

Okay, yep, that was not good. Shit.

Carefully, you lowered your shirt back down, pressing your hand against the wound to try and slow the bleeding. You stood up, grabbing your sword and throwing it over your shoulder.

Jaskier.

Fuck, he would be out cold after all that drinking.

If Ciri went into his room, he wouldn't have heard her. Hell, you didn't either until it was too late.

Rushing out your room, you looked down the corridor for any signs of her, but it was empty before you pushed open the door to his bedroom.

"Jaskier!" You shouted, looking over to find him lying on the bed, hugging the bottle of alcohol to his chest.

He was okay.

Jaskier was fine. Thank God.

"Jaskier. Wake up!" You said, limping across the room towards his bed. "Jaskier."

"Too many squirrels." He mumbled in his sleep before you grabbed his shoulder and shook him until his eyes slowly blinked open.

"Oh, for fuck's sake. Can't a bard sleep in-" Jaskier mumbled sleepily until he actually looked at you properly and quickly stopped talking when he took in all the blood. "Holy fuck, what happened? Oh, Gods that's a lot of blood."

Jaskier was on his feet in an instant, the bottle of ale smashing to the ground, but he didn't even give it a second look as he rushed to your side.

"Ciri. Something's wrong. She tried to kill me while I was sleeping." You explained, wincing as you kept your hand pressed against the wound. "We need to warn the others."

"No. We need to stop the bleeding." Jaskier responded, grabbing your hand as he tried to take a look at how bad it was. "Y/N-"

"I'm fine."

"You most certainly are not fine!" He exclaimed, lifting your shirt a little to take a look and by the way his eyes nearly bulged out of his head, you knew it wasn't good.

But, you were not going to admit that. There were more important things to worry about.

"I'm a Witcher. It'll heal."

"Witcher healing won't mean anything if you bleed out first!"

You sighed, "there's nothing we can do about that."