Chapter 10

"What the fuck kind of basilisks are those?" Lambert questioned in utter shock.

"I'll tell you after I kill 'em." Coen answered just as the basilisks roared and charged forward.

You all quickly ducked out the way and stared swinging your swords to take them down.

Although, within a couple of minutes it was clear that these new basilisks were quicker than most. And before you knew it, your red haired brother was being thrown across the room by one of them.

"Lambert!" You screamed.

His body slammed into the stone wall with a crack causing you to wince as you watched him fall to the floor. He didn't move for a few seconds as he groaned before pushing himself onto his hands and knees.

You watched Lambert for a few seconds, making sure that he was okay before you turned your attention back to the monsters and jabbed your sword into one of their legs.

Instantly, you knew that was a bad idea.

You only just managed to jump out the way when it's head snapped in your direction, narrowly avoiding it's razor sharp teeth by an inch. You swung your sword, slicing it's eye which seemed to finally have an effect causing the basilisks to stumble backwards, roaring in pain.

"Go for the eyes!" You shouted, glancing over at the others struggling against the monsters.

"She said go for the eyes!" Coen repeated from across the room.

You all continued to fight when suddenly one of the basilisks bit a Witchers head clean off with a loud crunch, right in front of you.

It all happened so fast, you didn't even get a chance to see who it was as his headless body toppled to the ground in a pile of blood.

"Help!" One of the others shouted, but you couldn't.

You were too busy trying to kill this basilisks while trying very hard not to look at the body by your feet as you swung your sword. But, it knew what you were trying to do and kept it's head out of reach so you couldn't cut its eye.

Stupid smart fucking monsters.

You spared a glance over at Geralt who was still with Ciri trying to get through to her. Vesemir and Vartok with him too, before Vartok left after hearing the call for help and starting fighting the basilisks with the rest of you.

You watched as another one of your fellow Witchers head got bitten off and quickly jumped out the way when it tried to eat you next.

"Vartok. behind you!" Lamberts voice shouted.

You quickly looked across the room, but there was nothing you could do when a basilisks bit Vartok's arm clean off before biting down on his head and throwing him across the room, his body lying lifeless on the floor.

"No!" You screamed, staring at another one of your fellow Witchers dead bodies.

You had lost count of how many had died.

Too many... first Eskel and now all of this... fuck. This couldn't be happening.

Suddenly, as if a switch had been flipped, the pain from your stab wound came back in full force causing your legs buckled from underneath you.

You hit the ground with a pained cry which seemed to draw the attention of one of the basilisks as it ran in your direction. You only just managed to get your sword up in time to block its claws from cutting you.

Suddenly, Ciri started chanting in Elder from across the room before an even bigger basilisks stepped out from the portal behind her.

Oh, for fucks sake.