01 | glitch

"Euijin, I'll get going now. Don't overwork yourself and happy new year, Euijin!" Said Euijin's senior, switching off his monitor before he walks out of the room, leaving Euijin alone.

"Happy New Year too, senior!" replied Euijin. It was the last day of 2021, yet Euijin is still in the office, although there are only a few hours left until midnight.

She stretched her hands out high before packing her things into her work bag, getting ready to leave the office. She shoved her personal laptop into her bag and proceeded to switch off the lights in the room. She then received a text message just before she left.

'Senior, I accidentally left the phone on my desk hehe. Can you keep them until Monday?' She read out loud the text from the intern.

"Yes, of course. I'll be the one listening to their notifications this weekend. That's fine, Hyunji. It's fine with me." muttered Euijin to herself, a sigh then leaving her lips as she picks up the phone before heading out.

As soon as Euijin arrived home, she freshened up and as the clock stroke 10 o'clock, she was already lying down comfortably on her bed. She was busying herself scrolling on Instagram, exhausted after a long day at work however refusing to spend her only free hours sleeping.

Her work phone that was suddenly under her care for the weekend (due to their intern's forgetfulness, that is) ringed a couple notifications and she let out a sigh as a response.

Euijin loves her job as a programmer, but she hates to be the one carrying the phone as it meant she'll have to go through each notification to ensure nothing goes wrong with their application. A rare occasion, however glitches and errors do happen.

"Alright, let's see who sent a bubble." Said Euijin, dragging herself to take the phone that was on her desk. With a sigh, she pressed on one of the many notifications.

JEN sent a bubble!

_______________
BUBBLE

(ARTIST) JEN
↳ Yoit!
10.13pm

(ARTIST) JEN
↳ Eh...?
10.15pm

(ARTIST) JEN
↳ Oh did Bubble have an update?
10.16pm

(ARTIST) JEN
↳ Why can't I see any replies though...
10.18pm

(ARTIST) JEN
↳ It sort of looks like a
10.19pm

(ARTIST) JEN
↳ a private message...? like that
10.19pm

_______________

"He can't see any replies?" Sighed Euijin, standing up from her bed and taking out her laptop from her bag before quickly returning to her bed - it's past 10pm anyways, she doesn't want to spend the time on her desk.

Euijin quickly turned on her laptop, attempting to access the software's codes through her laptop.

"Huh, that's weird." She spoke to herself, eyes skimming through the endless codes on her laptop screen. "Seems like his app is the only one glitching. That's weird."

_______________
BUBBLE

(ARTIST) JEN
↳ Czennies... Are you there?
10.27pm