20 | weird stranger

"Should we adopt a dog?" asked Hyera out of the blue, making Euijin choke on her hot tea

"A dog? You suddenly want a dog?" Questioned Euijin.

Hyera raised her eyebrows as she then passed a piece of freshly cooked pancake over to Euijin's plate. "Why not? You're about to start college and I might be lonely alone at home. A dog sounds like a good companion, no?"

"You're saying it as if you're not a college student too," Euijin laughed. "Thank you for the breakfast,"

"Think about it first," Hyera said as she joined to sit across Euijin with her own plate of pancake, "If you agree to adopting a dog, let me know. I'm not sure if the nearby vet have dogs for adoption though. I might have to look into it first."

Euijin stared at her friend before asking, "Do you really want to adopt a dog?" After seeing the intense nodding of Hyera, she laughed and said, "Alright then. I'll ask someone I know where we can get a dog."

"Ah right!" Euijin started, in a slightly higher voice than usual, making Hyera shocked. "Since I agreed to adopt a dog with you, although I'm more of a cat person, can you do me a favor?"

"I knew you wouldn't have agreed so easily." Hyera replied, leaning on her seat with her arms crossed, "What is it? I'll think about it first."

"If you think about it first then I'll be thinking about the dog too," said Euijin.

Hyera rolled her eyes, although she had a smile on her face, "Ugh just tell me, what is it?".

"Can I book a table at your parents' cafe on Monday?" Euijin asked with pleading eyes and her hands clasped together.

"Is that it? You don't need my help for that."

"Can I book a table at 11 o'clock?" Euijin asked again, "And by that, I mean 11pm."

"Girl, what?" Hyera asked wide-eyed, "The cafe closes at 9pm, you know that right? And why would you even need the cafe at 11pm?"

"I'm reconsidering my decision on adopting the dog as you speak." Euijin said, leaning against her seat as she then crossed her arms as well, mirroring Hyera's position.

Hyera sighed, "Fine, I'll see what I can do. How desperately do you want it?"

"Very desperately. You don't have to keep some staffs over, I don't mind cooking some food myself,"

"You don't, but I do. I can't risk having the kitchen burned down by you. I'll be there instead of the staffs." Hyera settled, "Who are you having dinner at 11pm with, anyway? Are you going out on a blind date?"

"A blind date? Me? Are you being serious?" Euijin laughed.

"Not the most surprising thing considering you're requesting for a table 2 hours after the closing time." Hyera said, raising an eyebrow as she took a sip of her morning coffee, "Wait, on Monday? Isn't that Valentine's Day? You're going on a Valentine's Date at 11pm? Aight, who is this person?"