36 | his view of me

"Hey, I made dinner

"Hey, I made dinner. Can we eat them together?" Asked Hyera, her hands carrying a tray of food as she leaned on Euijin's bedroom door.

It's now the night of 23rd March. It has been more than 4 days since Euijin returned from her parents'.

"I don't feel like eating." Replied Euijin, although it was too weak to reach Hyera and she knew that, yet she didn't budge from her position on her bed.

"Jin?" Called Hyera again from outside Euijin's room and the called remained silent.

Her skin stained with tears with her bloodshot eyes has been her look since she left her parents' house.

Her room messy with all the used clothes she couldn't bring herself to clean up. The crumpled tissues now filling up her trashcan. She has lost track of time, not knowing what day and time it was anymore.

It has been almost 2 days since she last left her room to make a light meal for herself. Hyera made a meal for her friend every single meal time, but was always turned down.

Her phone has been out of battery for 3 whole days, with notifications from the day before piling up. The app she used to check every few hours have been left untouched.

Her brain occasionally reminds her of what happened a few days prior and with each memory, her eyes starts stinging with tears once again.

She knew there was no way she could make herself feel better anymore.

Her thoughts are now engraved with her parents' words. She understood their disappointment as she felt the same way towards herself. She couldn't, however, understand the need of her parents to bring her interest in programming into her situation.

Her parents labeling her worthless, saying she could've done something better rather than pursuing programming — these thoughts pains her.

The knocks on her bedroom door disturbed her thoughts, catching her attention yet couldn't make her budge even an inch.

"I don't feel like eating, Hye," She said again, although it was nowhere near audible to the person standing outside her door.

"Hey, Jinnie?"

Upon the call of a nickname from a voice that is all too familiar, she raised her head from her pillow with her red eyes staring at her closed bedroom door.

"Mark?" She questioned weakly, her mind a mess, she couldn't comprehend why he was there at that moment.

"Can I come in?"

Mark, who was leaning against her bedroom door knocked on her door once again.

His hoodie barely able to cover his sweat damped hair as a result of hours of practicing, his bag hanging loosely on his shoulder as he was in a rush going up the apartment.