46 | heart and mind

song for this chapter: lie to me
by 5 seconds of summer

song for this chapter: lie to meby 5 seconds of summer

Date: 16th April, 2022

"It's been almost a week Hye," Euijin whined. She was seated on their kitchen island while Hyera was cooking dinner for the trio.

"Wait, EJ, what exactly did you ask him that day?" Woojin asked, only now getting interested in their conversation after finishing a chapter in the book he was reading.

"I asked him 'what are we'. Right after I woke up. That wasn't even me, you know? That was half awake Euijin. Fully awake Euijin wouldn't ask him that question."

"Oh fully awake Euijin would definitely ask him still." Hyera stated, which earned a laugh from the only man in the room and a groan from the mentioned.

"And? He hasn't answered until now?" Asked Woojin, actually wanting to help out his friend.

"He hasn't mentioned it, not even once. We haven't even talked much ugh. I must've pressed the wrong button guys. I'm kinda scared now ." Euijin continued, her face buried in her folded arms on the table. "Maybe this isn't going to work out."

"Heyy-" Woojin patted Euijin's back, making her lift her head up to look at him. "Let's not jump into conclusions, okay? You guys are still talking right? So it's definitely still there – whatever the bond you two have at the moment."

"Yeah we're talking but it's just 'good morning's, 'how was your day?', 'good', 'good night's." Euijin sighed as she thought of it more, "We're barely having any conversations."

"Alright let's stop talking about boys for now, food is ready. We're here to celebrate Euijin's last Friday before she goes back to school."

"University. Sounds much better than going back to school."

"Have you been in contact with your parents?" Asked Woojin, carefully at the mention of her parents.

Euijin sighed and shook her head before replying, "Not once. They still don't know I've decided to change my course to Computer Engineering."

Her two friends nodded, knowing she had more to say.

"It feels weird. Like, I decided it for myself and I know that I don't need their approval anymore. But it feels wrong that I haven't told them. I'm an adult, and I am more than capable of making my own decisions but somehow there's that guilt in me for not asking their opinion on it."