18 | our next time

Euijin took a few extra minutes thinking in her car before making her mind on exactly what she wanted to do next

Throughout the car ride to her destination, her thoughts remained messy and her mind repeatedly replayed the scene that unfolded at the restaurant earlier. Despite the distraction however, she managed to stop by a place before arriving at her destination.

Carrying the two plastic bags in her hand, she passed through the security guards after showing her work pass. As soon as she arrived before the room she intended to enter, Euijin contemplated once more on whether to continue with her idea or to retreat. But a voice from behind her surprised her.

"Can I help you?"

Euijin turned around to meet the eyes of Lee Donghyuck, making her shock and making the other even more shocked the moment his eyes met hers.

"Euijin?" he called, confused as to whether he was seeing things right or if he got the wrong person.

"Hey, Donghyuck." She greeted, making the other smile instantly. "Well, this was a failed surprise."

"So you came here to surprise us? That's cute of you." Said Donghyuck, taking a plastic bag from her hand after noticing her struggling to fix her hair with her full hands. 

"Yeah that was my plan initially. But I think I should just drop this off for you guys and go back home." Euijin said, pointing at the bags of food. Her eyes weren't the brightest and Donghyuck noticed that. He noticed the exhaustion and the lack of emotions in her eyes.

"Well before you go, do you want to grab some drinks with me? You don't have to meet the rest of them if you don't want to, but a drink with me? How does that sound to you?" He asked. Both her hands were now free as Donghyuck took the other bag from her.

Euijin smiled, "Sure, that sounds great to me." And with another smile curved on the male's face, Euijin added, "Take one of the packed food with you, and you can give the rest to the others. You guys haven't eaten right?" 

"Did you come here because you heard we haven't eaten yet?" Donghyuck questioned, finding it cute that she came all the way to their building to make sure they ate. 

She nodded, "Jaemin told me you haven't eaten and its for the comeback. Which I understand, so I chose the energizing meals with the least carbs for all of you. Take one with you and you can have them while we chat over drinks."

Donghyuck chuckled before taking a packed meal and replying, "You're so cute. I'll be quick and pass these over to the boys. Do you want me to tell them that you're here?"

Euijin curved a small smile before shaking her head. She would love to meet all of them, of course. But being around a lot of people isn't exactly something she wants to do at this moment, when her head is a mess and her mood is barely hanging on the thin string.