34 | your view of me

Date: 19th March 2022

To say this was a nerve-wracking moment for Euijin was an understatement

She wanted to escape this exact moment. She desperately wanted to walk out of her father's office and leave her parents wondering by themselves.

She wished she could stop noticing the crystal clear disappointed look on their faces.

She wished she could stop counting the amount of times they have sighed since she shared the news.

But that isn't something Euijin would do.

Euijin would stay throughout the tense conversation, no matter how long it'll take.

Euijin would bear all the vulgarities they would spill on her. She would take in word by word and let it consume her.

And in this moment, she was more than ready to hear all that they have to say.

"So you didn't get the scholarship." Said her father.

It wasn't a question for confirmation, yet she muttered a small "I didn't," in response.

"So what's going to happen now?" Asked her mother. As she sat there with her legs crossed and her two hands clasped together, resting on her knees, she's holding a sharp stare towards her daughter.

"I don't know," Euijin replied honestly, "I'll have to reject all the college offers."

"At least you were accepted by the overseas universities," Her father said before her mother quickly followed.

"What do you mean by that? Why does the colleges matter when she's not even good enough?"

"Gosh, mom. Wasn't there a nicer way to say that?"

"You didn't even want this scholarship, didn't you? That's why you didn't even bother to try to get accepted."

A scoff left Euijin's lips, her tongue poking through the inside of her cheeks before replying, "You should ask Hyera how much time I spent studying and getting ready for the assessment. She'll tell you the average hours of sleep I slept in that period. She'll tell you how many meals I missed cause I didn't want to waste time."

"If you gave it your all, you would've been accepted."

"I gave it my all, mom. You didn't see me trying so you don't get to say anything about that."

"What's your plans, now?" Questioned her father.

"The local university should be releasing their offer letters soon. I'll still go to university, just like how you want me to."

"How are you so confident that they'll accept you?"

Euijin laughed a sad chuckle, "Mom, I'm not totally worthless."