*ੈ✩‧₊˚𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄.

━━━━━━━━━━━ ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ ━━━━━━━━━━━

The whole school was gathered under a brilliant June sky. Students poured out in a cheering mob, letting out whoops and hollers as they hugged friends and family, celebrating their graduation.

But Nina couldn't bring herself to join in the revelry.

"Nina?" It was Kourtney, placing a hand on Nina's shoulder, eyes filled with concern as she took in her friend's melancholy state. "Where are you going?" Nina shook her head warningly, avoiding eye contact, and Kourtney let her go. She needed her space, she'd be back when she was ready. Kourtney always seemed to understand what Nina needed without her having to say it aloud, but the Filipino girl couldn't bring herself to say thank you, instead allowing the crowd to slip past her as she broke free, moving away from the noise. 

The year was over. Today would be the last time she stepped foot in East High, and the person that had made it possible, kept her grounded and sane, wasn't there. She hated that he was missing it, but more than that, she hated that missing him was something she had to do.

She shouldn't have to miss him. He should be there with her, ready to take her in his arms and whisper exactly how proud he was of her for doing it, how he always knew she could. 

She was brought out of her thoughts by her phone in her pocket vibrating. Nina figured it was probably her mom, or Gina and EJ, asking where she was.

She fished it out, expecting to find a text from one of her friends, instead, it was an email. From him.

Nina's finger hovered over the video attachment, but she hesitated as a lump formed in her throat.

She couldn't do it. Memories from the past year came flooding back, their first kiss, their first day of school, their prom. Memories from back when she was just the new girl and he was the charming stranger.

She took a shaky breath and hit 'play.'

"Yo, Nini,"

happy easter if you celebrate it, and if not i hope you have a wonderful weekend!!

i hope you enjoy this little rewritten prologue, i'm thinking of changing some parts of the book up a bit to make it more mine if that makes sense. i should get around to posting a lot more often, i just needed a bit of a break, but i'm back now!!