04 | HOPE SPRINGS

June, Graduation Day

─────── ∘°∘♡∘°∘ ───────

Nina could hear the voices of her classmates and their families all around her, but her eyes were glued to the video message Richard sent her. 

"Hey, Nini. If you're seeing this, that means I'm not at graduation. Which is a huge bummer." He was sitting up in his hospital bed, and he looked exhausted. Nina's heart ached for him, she hated seeing him like that, but she knew if she didn't take up the opportunity to see his last message to her she would regret it for the rest of her life. "But I want you to enjoy the moment anyway. I know it's cliche, and I know you hate those, but you have your whole future ahead of you! That alone is something to celebrate," Richard winked at her and she felt herself tearing up at the familiar gesture.

"When I look back at the day we met, I can't help but think it was meant to be. And I know this message doesn't make up for me not being there today, but maybe you can pour out a chocolate pudding for me, yeah?"

Nina smiled at the memory. She never thought she would smile about Richard again, those happy memories she had with him simply making her sadness deeper, but as time went on, she appreciated the happy memories, they were all she had left of him.

And God knows he wouldn't want her to cry over him.

Well, not for long, anyway.

┌─────── ∘°∘♡∘°∘ ───────┐

└─────── °∘∘♡∘∘° ───────┘

So at the beginning of every little section there's gonna be a part of nina at graduation, but the rest of it is during her senior year, so unless a chapter is marked as june, graduation day, it takes place over the previous year