⁰⁰¹ *ੈ✩‧₊˚𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐍𝐄𝐖 𝐊𝐈𝐃.

━━━━━━━━━━━ ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ ━━━━━━━━━━━

As a lover of young adult romance movies, Nina could sense a cliche from a mile away, and she was a walking one. The first day at a new school for the first day of her senior year, her only friend being her next-door neighbour she met over the summer. Kourtney Greene looped her arm through Nina's, looking her up and down. "You put extra effort in," she mused. "Someone, in particular, you're trying to impress?"

"Kourt, I literally know one person at this school," Nina pointed out.

"Like you haven't spent the last three months stalking people's socials," Kourtney rolled her eyes. "Are you ready for your first day?"

"Nope," Nina said confidently. "Let's go in anyway,"

"You're surprisingly eager for someone I had to listen to freak out all summer," Kourtney grumbled as Nina pulled her inside. They slowed to a more acceptable pace and Kourtney smoothed her sweater down. "We lucked out getting Mr Mazzara for homeroom. He basically treats it like a study hall, so..."

But Nina wasn't listening to her friend anymore, instead, her attention was focused on the commotion two students were making down the hall. There was a loud boy in the middle talking avidly to a camera another girl had pointed at him. "Welcome back, East High! I know everyone had a crazy summer since I finally decided to hop on social media. So, here's to another year of our parents and teachers having absolutely no idea what we're up to!"

"Nina? Are you even listening to me?" Nina looked away for a second to glance back at Kourtney.

"Hey, you walked into our shot!" The girl with the camera groaned, frantically waving to Nina to move out of the way.

"Ah! I'm sorry!" Nina jumped back out of the camera's frame. "I wasn't looking where I was going,"

The boy ran his fingers through his hair as he broke out into a grin. "Distracted, were you?"

"Maybe," she smiled back at him.

"It's okay, Ashlyn," he waved the camera girl away good-naturedly. "I think our new friend here is perfect for our intro segment anyway," Ashlyn nodded, a dubious look on her face, and kept filming.

"Nina, we should really get going, we don't want-" Kourtney stopped short. "Oh, hey Ashlyn. I didn't see you there," Nina looked back and forth between Kourtney and Ashlyn, taking in the way they both seemed to flush under the other's gaze, but before she could act on the new information, the guy stepped forward and held his hand out, flashing his brilliant smile.