$3$

"I am Groot."

"Tinkle in the cup. We're not looking. What's there to see? What's a twig? Everybody's seen a twig." Rocket said.

"I am Groot."

"Tree, pour what's in the cup out in space, and go in the cup again."

"You speak Groot?"

"Yes, they taught it on Asgard. It was an elective."

"I am Groot."

"You'll know when we're there. Nivadellir's forge harnesses the power of a blazing neutron star.It's the birth place of my hammer. It's truly awesome."

Thor looks to see Alyssa not really talking and staring at nothing in particular. He goes and sits next her.

She looks at him he sees balancing tears in her eyes. He takes her hand. She lays her head on his shoulder.

Rocket turns to see both of them  sitting sadly beside the window, and sighs.

"Okay, time to be the captain." He walks to a console near by Thor and Alyssa .  "So, dead brother, huh? Yeah, that can be annoying."

"Well, he's been dead before, but this time I think it really might be true."

"And you said your other sister and your dad?"

"Both dead."

"Still got a mom, though?"

"Killed by a dark elf."

"A best friend?"

"Stabbed through the heart."

"Are you guys sure you're up to this particular murder mission?"

Thor Smiles widely. "Absolutely. Rage, vengeance, anger, loss, regret...They're all tremendous motivators. They really clear the mind. So I'm good to go."

"Me too. It's easier to channel it when it's boiling inside you!" Alyssa said.

"Yeah, but this Thanos we're talking about...He's the toughest there is." Rocket said.

"Well, he's never fought me." Thor said.

"Yeah, he has." Rocket and Alyssa said at the same time.

"He's never fought me twice. And I'm getting a new hammer, don't forget." Thor said.

"Better be some hammer." He muttered.

"It is!" Alyssa said.

"You know, I'm 1,500 years old. I've killed twice as many enemies as that, and every one would have rather killed me, but none succeeded. I'm only alive because fate wants me alive. Thanos is the latest in a long line of morons and he will be the latest to feel my vengeance." Thor said.

"And what if you're wrong?"

"If I'm wrong then besides Alyssa what more could I lose?" He said

Thor stands and seats himself at the front of the pod, beside Groot.

Alyssa sighed closing her her eyes.

"I could lose a lot. Me personally. I could lose a lot.". Rocket takes an eyeball from somewhere on his person.

Alyssa opened her eyes and saw the eyeball. "Eww"

"Okay. If fate does want you to kill that crapsack... You're gonna need more than one stupid eyeball." he gives Thor the eyeball.

"What's this?" Thor asked.

"I know it's been awhile since you lost one eye but it's called an eyeball!" Alyssa said sarcastically.