𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗬 𝗙𝗜𝗩𝗘

The last three weeks were a fiasco, yet it was whimsical

The last three weeks were a fiasco, yet it was whimsical. Kiyomi almost had sex with her ex's brother in the fitting room of a department store. Her brother cut off her hair and took a hilarious video of her singing while intoxicated, and that's not the worst part; she also fell on the pool right after, and it was live on her Instagram account. Who knows how many of her followers saw that fiasco?

Nonetheless, Kiyomi's sadness paid off after three weeks of being with her brother. Kakucho kept her entertained by giving all of his time and attention to her and taking a three-week break from work.

Living with Kakucho felt like being surrounded by sunshine and rainbows. Kiyomi's heart was at ease, as if she had never thought of Ran's infidelity.

Kiyomi spun around in front of the mirror, watching her pastel pink cocktail dress sway along with her legs. She giggled with excitement since today was her birthday and Christmas Eve at the same time! They were also going to the orphanage where they grew up and met Izana.

Before leaving her room, Kiyomi grabbed her pastel pink coat, which suited her dress.

Happily descending from the staircase, Kiyomi's smile fades, watching her brother pace back and forth, taking someone in his phone. Frustration is visible on his face. She stood next to him, waiting for him to end the phone call so she could ask him what was going on.

Kakucho let out a sigh before turning to his sister with a disapproving look on his face. "I'm sorry, but we're not going to the orphanage," he muttered as he made his way to the bar counter and poured himself some vodka.

Kakucho was so focused on making his sister happy that it slipped over his mind that the orphanage was linked to their past, and returning there may trigger some of Kiyomi's memories. Thank goodness he's an excellent actor, appearing as though he's disappointed that their planned visit to the orphanage has been canceled.

"Why?" Excitement dwindled from Kiyomi's voice as she sought an answer from her brother.

Kakucho played with the glass of vodka, dipping his middle finger in the drink before wearyingly answering his sister, "My boss, Mikey, is throwing a Christmas party, and I need to be there since I'm Bonten number 3," explaining why they got to cancel their visitation.

"Since when did criminals throw a Christmas party?" Kiyomi scoffed, her arms crossed above her chest and her back turned away from her brother. She's being sarcastic to persuade her brother, but Kakucho shrugs it off, "Kiyomi..." warningly calling her name.

Kiyomi tightened her fist and stomped her foot like a child; she dislikes people who break promises. Thinking that they couldn't resonate with the people who took care of them when they were children made Kiyomi groan in annoyance. "But Kakucho, you promised!"

"I know, but this party is important!" Kakucho reasoned.

Kiyomi let out a 'tsk,' and she was about to walk out when Kakucho held her hands, whirling her around to face him. "And I need you to be my partner," he added, but Kiyomi ignored her brother's pleading.