Chapter 2 - Madison | Turn of events

"You went back to what you knew
So far removed
From all that we went through
And I tread a troubled track
My odds are stacked
I'll go back to black"

- Back To Black by Amy Winehouse

****

Lying and stealing were two things I always enjoyed. Especially in combination. I can never get enough of it.

I stood in front of my giant bathroom mirror and put on an elaborate eyeliner that I rarely wore like this, but tonight I had to blend in with my surroundings and so I had no choice but to dress as fancy as everyone else in the casino I would be in later.

The motto in Las Vegas was to spend a lot of money and to look rich and beautiful while doing it. It is exactly those people who follow this motto that I will take advantage of.

They won't miss the money I steal from them anyway. And it's just so easy every time.

It's already enough to wear a low neckline and pretend to be a helpless dumb blonde to be the most powerful woman in the room. Men are all pathetic creatures who can't pull themselves together. They underestimate me and that's their downfall.

And I love it. I enjoy playing with them and exploiting them to the last cent of their wealth. They are stupid to the point of no return.

I finished my makeup and decided to wear a dark red lipstick. Then I took care of my hair, fixed it in a low bun at the back of my head and curled the strands hanging out to light waves.

Before that I had taken a long shower and tried to relax my tense muscles, at the moment I am permanently on edge. But I clearly have no time for such thoughts today.

I looked at my reflection in the mirror and a blonde woman looked back, with blue eyes that seemed darker because of the eyeshadow, eyeliner and red full lips. The black corset hugged my curves and I knew I was attractive, which made my job so much easier.

While I drank a glass of champagne I put on my hold-up black stockings and straightened my lacy corset, which I will wear under my black cocktail dress. The shorter the dress the less questions the men ask.

I'm in a hotel in the center of Las Vegas for the weekend, where I stay for one night to steal as much as possible. Then I return to my apartment in Los Angeles and rest a bit before I go back to Las Vegas.

I've been doing this for a few months now and I haven't been caught once. Practice makes perfect.

And I am never so stupid and return the following weekend to the same casino where I have been before. I have a routine that I follow and no one gets me off track. For example, I never steal from the hotel where I stay.