Getting To Know Him

"So hi victor. What are you two doing here? Can I help you with anything?"

"Yeah you could I need a homecoming date will you go with me?"

"Let me think about it because homecoming is still a couple months away still."

"OK just promise me you will think about it."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Well that was awkward." I said to Jacen.

He laughed and shook his head. "You should have said yes. New girl like you could use some fun. Especially when the fun looks that cute." Jacen nodded towards Victor, who was exiting the store with Luke.

I shook my head. "I don't think I'm up for it."

"Your loss." Jacen said, going back to working on puttimg things out on the floor.

"Not really." I grumbled to myself.

I tapped my fingers on the counter, in front of the cash register. After Victor and Luke had entered the store, the activity died down. There wasn't a lot of costumers in the store. Actually, there was only one.

Ugh.

Homecoming? Really? I just moved here and Victor was already trying to get with me. I rolled my eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When I got home I went straight to bed.

In the morning there was a knock on my door. I groaned sleepily. "Yes?"

"Lily, time for school." My mom said through the door.

I looked at the clock. Oh crap! I overslept! Not by a lot but still past when my alarm was supposed to go off.

I jumped up, rushing around the place to get ready. "Lily?" Mom asked, opening my door.

"I'm almost ready, mom." I told her, tossing on a jacket.

"Okay honey... do you want breakfast before you go?"

I looked at the clock. "No thanks; I've got to get going."

"But when you got home from work, yesterday, you didn't eat dinner." Mom said slowly, as if I would snap at her, which I never would do.

"I know." I responded, grabbing my bag and swinging it onto my shoulder. "I'll eat at school, I promise." I kissed my mom on the cheek. "But mom, see you later."

As I ran down the stairs I heard her sad sigh. "Bye dear."

I left the house and drove straight to school. As I was hurrying to get to my locker I bumped into someone. "Sorry." Crap. I'm clumsy. I looked up and locked eyes with Victor. "Oh," I whispered to myself.

"No, I'm sorry. I should have been watching where I was walking." He said. "You think about homecoming yet?"

Some people in the hallway were looking at us. It made me feel small and uncomfortable. "N-no. Uh, excuse me." I pushed past him and continued towards my locker, head lowered.

I can't believe he embarrassed me like that. Ugh I said to my self, like what kind of person is he? Wait what am I doing? Snap out of it Lily, you're a big girl.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey Lily." I heard

"Oh hi Victor."

"Do you want to get to know me a little bit better before you answer?"

Yes he gets it.

"Yes I would love too. How 'bout the diner on congress street at five?"

"OKAY!!!!!!!" he said excitedly

As he walked away I heard him say 'yes' to himself. I don't know why but it made me smile.