Shrug Off The Nerves

[A.n. Heyyy guys! Tiff_M here. There's going to be a minor time lapse in this chapter. Anyway what are your thoughts on the story so far? Like, love, enjoy?]

I looked through the racks of dresses in a small little dress store Jacen had brought me to. It was our day off, Saturday, and I was really happy that Jacen was being friendly and helping me pick out my outfit for homecoming. I was really lucky to have Jacen as a friend.

"Ohhhhhh, what about this one? It'll really bring out your eyes." Jacen said holding out a dress I thought was beautiful. It had a white bodice with dark blue lace over it and a short dark blue skirt.

"It's-it's-"

Jacen nodded, grinning from ear to ear. "Go try it on while I look for heels and accessories. Shoo, shoo." He waved me away towards the dressing room.

I slipped into the dress, looking at myself in it in the mirror that was in the dressing room. I tilted my head to the side, I examined myself.

"Lily, try these on and add these to accessorize." Jacen said from outside the dressing room. I poked my head out, grabbing the blue heels and accessories from him with a smile.

I put on the heels, feeling tall for once in my life. I hadn't actually wore before so I was sort of wobbling. I put on a necklace and the bracelets Jacen had given me, smiling at my reflection in the mirror.

"O.M.G! Come on Lily, let's see it." Jacen chimed excitedly from outside.

Afraid I was going to fall, I walked slowly out of the dressing room, still a little wobbly but getting the hang of it.

"OH! SHUT UP! NO WAY! YOU LOOK GORGEOUS AND FAB! I mean you looked good before, girly, but this," he waved his hand up and down, pointing at me. "Is amazing. You're welcome."

I laughed and hugged him tightly. "Thanks Jacen. You're an awesome friend."

"Of course I am darling." He tucks a strand of my hair behind my ear. "You're gonna knock him dead."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Victors POV

"Hey Luke you want to do me a favor tomorrow can you go with me to pick out a suit for homecoming?"

"Yeah sure do you know what color the dress is yet, though? 'cause you guys should match."

"Let me text her."

Text message

"Hey Lily what color is the dress for homecoming?"

"Its blue."

"OK, thank you Lily. Ttyl."

End of text message

Okay so it is blue so I need a blue what?

A blue tie and a blue vest underneath?

Yeah okay.

We went to the clothing store and found a black suit with white undershirt and blue vest so all I needed was a blue tie and black dress shoes. I got it all and went home to get some sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A.N quick thing we are skipping to the dance, Homecoming.

Lily's POV

GOD! This place looked so freaking amazing! It was completely dark in the venue except for the bright streams of neon colors that would appear behind the dj. Ballons were everywhere, along with confetti on the ground, which had rained down on us as we entered the venue.

It was awesome. The music was pounding, vibrating the wooden floorboards.

"Want to dance, Lily?" Victor questioned. He looked really good in his suit. I gulped, feeling a blush creep onto my face.

"S-s-sure." He grabbed my hand and pulled us out farther onto the dance floor.

Okay Lily. Get yourself together. Get through the night in one piece. Just shrug off the nerves.

We danced all night. the last song was a slow song and we danced and then we kissed at the end of it. It wasn't a quick peck, it was a prolonged, soft, kiss. It was.... it was nice.

Victor pulled away slowly. He smiled softly at me.

My heart started frantically thumping against my chest. "I, um, I have to go." I started pushing through the busy crowd of people, trying to get to the exit.

I CAN'T BELIEVE I JUST DID THAT! I CAN'T BELIEVE I JUST KISSED HIM! I'M SO STUPID! I SHOULD HAVE NEVER HAVE DONE THAT!

I was sort of shocked that I was running pretty good in these heels. But when I got outside I took them off and started running, barefoot. I needed air. I needed to think.

Slowly I started shaking. I had to stop running a few blocks away, when I was sure I was alone, and leaned against a tree. I needed to get my shaking under control.

Oh jeez Lily.

A.N WHAT DO YOU THING OF IT. IF YOU HAVE ANY IDEAS PM ME OR Tiff_M