Burn

"Hey there." Chris popped up in front of me, grinning happily.

"Hey." I greeted back, not able to stop the goofy grin from coming onto my face. I leaned in and pecked his lips. "What's up?"

Topher shrugged. "Just wanted to see if you wanted to go down to the cafeteria for breakfast before first period starts."

I nodded. "Sure, just let me finish getting my stuff."

Chris leaned against a locker near mine, humming to himself contently. I smiled softly, taking things that I needed out of my locker.

"So, what're you doing after school today, beautiful?"

I giggled and shrugged. "Not sure, why? Have anything in mind?"

Chris nodded, looking down the hallway. "As a matter of fact, I do."

I closed my locker, slinging my bag onto my shoulder. "Hmmm, okay, I'll see if you can steal me away after school today." I saw Topher's face light up. I smiled and grabbed his hand in my own. "Okay, breakfast time."

The two of us walked to breakfast. I got a bagel, Chris got a sausage and egg sandwich. The two of us sat down at a table.

I pulled out my phone and started playing my music. 'Burn' by Papa Roach started playing and I paused, halfway through putting cream cheese on my bagel.

"You okay, Lily?"

I gulped, nodding slightly. "Yeah," I forced a smile. I don't know what about the song it was but something made me think of Victor.

"You sure? You just got like twenty times paler.... is there something you want to talk about? You can tell me anything."

"It's nothing. I'm okay, okay?" Christopher hesitated for a second before nodding. I looked down at my bagel and tried to get my breathing under control.

But all the memories about what happened that night with me and Victor started coming back to me.

Breathe, Lily, breathe.

Then I actually saw victor and I took off to the bathroom.

"Lily. Lily. Lily!" I heard liz saying (because you know that liz transfered to my school).

CHRIS'S POV

"Were did she go Chris! What did you do?" she screamed at me.
"I don't know were she went and I didn't do anything." I said calmly.
Liz took off and ran into were ever she knew Lily would be.

Shorty after Liz came back and grabbed Lily's stuff and said "she will meet you at her locker before lunch."

"Ok Thanks Liz" I said

Before lunch came around and I waited and waited and waited. But she never showed up.

I was getting really nervous! I hope she's okay!

'Lily?' I texted to her phone. No response. 'Please answer me... I need to know that you're okay. ....I'm really worried about you.' Still no response.

I started biting my thunbnail nervously.

My phone vibrated. I picked it up and looked at my screen anxiously. PLEASE BE LILY!

.......Of course not.

It was a stupid reminder that I have a dentist appointment tomorrow. Ugh.

I looked around the lunch room, still biting my thumbnail. My eyes scanned over everyone. Maybe Lily and/or Luz were in here somewhere. Bug my eyes landed onto a guy walking away from the lunch line and towards a table filled with douche bag looking guys. They saw him and started whooping and hollering like he was some big star or something.

"Come here, Victor!" One of the guys sitting down told him as though he wasn't walking in that direction anyways.

He looked familiar.

....Wait.... wait a second. Wasn't he the guy that Lily saw this morning?????

I put my hands on the lunch table in front of me and pushed myself to my feet angrily. I stormed over to the guy, Victor. "Hey. Hey!" I called.

Victor was setting his lunch tray on the table so turned his head to look at me with a cocky/smug grin. "Do I know you?" He asked, looking me up and down like I wasn't good enough to be in his presence.

Ohhhhhhh! You'rr about to fucking know me in a second! "What the fuck did you do to her!?" I yelled venomously. "Huh? What did you do to her!?" I yelled, grabbing most of the cafeteria's attention.

"To who? Look, man, I honestly have no idea what you're talking about right now." Victor said turning his full body in my direction.

"What did you do to my girlfriend, Lily Montez!?" I asked, pushing my hand into Victor'd chest aggressively.

Victor narrowed his eyes at me and then smirked, chuckling a bit. "I didn't do anything to her and if you want my advice, I think you should dump her. She's a little slut and liar. Plus, she isn't that great in the bedroom."

My fist collided with Victor's jaw.

The next thing I know the two of us were going at each other but of course it wasn't a fair fight because all his little friends at his lunch table started jumping in. The cafeteria was a loud unified chant of "FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT!"

I could faintly hear security or principles running our way to stop us but that didn't make us stop punching each other.

Then a fist hit me in my eye. I wasn't sure if it was Victor's or one of his friends but everything went black and I felt my back hit the floor and then several feet colliding with my body.
A.N. SORRY GUYS THAT IT TOOK SO LONG I HAVE BEEN BUSY WITH SCHOOL AND EVERYTHING AND SO HAS TIFF BUT JUST AN FYI ONLY 6 MORE CHAPTERS LEFT OF THIS BOOK AND MIGHT BE A SEQUEL IDK THOUGH.
THOUGHTS TO WHAT MIGHT HAPPEN NEXT????