2

Y/n POV

I was finishing up in the washroom while all the boys were downstairs in the common room.

I heard distant shouting.

Probably the boys

I shrugged it off and continued my business.

"Where's Scar!?" I heard Jack yell. "She's in the washroom" my brother, Crutchy answered.

Jack banged on the door. "Aye Scar open up, will ya!?" Jack yelled. I didn't answer, as I had a hair pin in my mouth.

Jack shook the door handle then walked away.

"Wese got a new guy" Crutchy said throught the door. "A new guy!?" I asked. "Not on my watch!" I said, walking out of the washroom.

I walked downstairs to greet this 'new guy'. I walked over to Jack and who ise assume is the new guy. "Hey Jack, who's the kid?" I asked.

"This is our new guy" Jack responded. "Well, hi new guy, I'm Y/n Morris. What's your name?" I greeted. "Race..Racetrack Higgins.." he told me. I nodded. "Why do you wanna be a Newsie?" I interrogated.

"Listen, not meaning to be rude or anything, but, why am ise bein interrogated by someone who's not the leader? I mean, ise was supposed to be talkin to someone named Scar." He said, matter of factly.

Jack whispered something to him. His eyes widened.

"I-i-i uh ise sorry ma'am uh ise didn't know youse was the leader..." he apologized. "It's fine, happens a lot" I told him. "Welcome to da 'Hattan Newsies" I said, walking away.