Chapter 6

It's been three weeks, I thought that by accepting the man's offer, I wouldn't have any problem, but I was wrong

I may have fun and being very satisfied and pleased of the money and the success I receive, but every time I go back home and see Sean, everything disappears. The disappointment and the fake smile I see in his face, hurt me.

By the days, things are getting worse. I wake up in morning, I get dressed, go downstairs and meet my boss. He's always there, waiting for me. We take breakfast together; we go to work; we hang out and go for dinner. Most of the times, I go back home late at night, so I don't see Sean, anymore.

I never lost a business fight, and that pleases me a lot. It makes me feel good. I use my charm and my beauty to close the deals my boss can't. As for those who are hard to persuade, my powers are what I need to make them say "yes" to my demands and conditions.

Every day I go back home, by feeling the pleasure of new win, one look from Sean is enough to take everything away and make feel nothing. Sometimes I feel like I want to give up everything and disappear.

One more day starts again. I get up, I pick one of many dresses my boss bought for me and go downstairs. He smiles at me. He says, 'good morning' and takes my hand carefully and leads me to the car. A moment before I enter the car, I turn to look at Sean. He carries stuff to the barn, he stops, he turns to me too. My eyes meet his. He doesn't smile, his gaze is empty, cold, he lowers his head, shake it and walks. I close my eyes, trying to avoid the pain in my chest. I feel my boss' hand on my waist pushing softly to enter the car. I sigh and I follow his lead.

I'm not as happy as yesterday but I'm trying my best. My boss, touches my chin, turns my head to him, he smiles at me and blinks. He tells me that everything will be alright, but I don't believe it. Not Anymore.

Endless meetings, endless clients

Endless meetings, endless clients. Likely my boss is always taking care of me. He supports me and trusts me. He believes in me. Every time I'm with him, I almost forget all my problems with Sean. I forget that every time he sees me, he turns his back to me. I forget the pain I feel when I see him looking at me with anger. I tried to explain him, he said he trusts me, but his actions show me the opposite.