Chapter 12: Carina

She finally made her way out of the cell, locking the door behind her. Carina eyed her as she made her way back down the hall. She stopped suddenly and began talking to someone, looking back and forth between whoever she was talking to and Carina, the man with the mask suddenly coming into view. Carina watched intently trying to make out what they were saying when she noticed the man storming back to her, a scalpel in his hand.

***********************************************************************************

"Why are you so insistent on causing trouble?" asked the man pressing the scalpel into the side of her neck, drawing a bit of blood. His free arm laid across Carina's chest, his left hand gripping at her right arm in an attempt to restrain her to the bed as he hovered above her.

"Please, you're hurting me. I didn't do anything" pleaded Carina.

"You are to keep to yourself and talk to no one. You remain silent unless spoken to and that's only if the person speaking is one of us do you understand?" he grumbled, teeth clenched in anger. Carina nodded adhering to the new rules that had just been put in place. She needed to survive. The need to make it home to her wife and daughter growing by the second.

"Speak!" he shouted, not satisfied with Carina's non-verbal response.

"Yes sir," she whispered, shutting her eyes tight as the scalpel was pressed further into her skin.

"Good, now boss can't have you sneaking information out of here the way you did with the gum wrapper. You know, that was pretty amusing. Watching you and that bitch struggle the whole time to get someone to believe you. Guess it didn't work out since you're still here right?" he laughed.

"Don't move," he instructed as he moved to get off of her as she took a sigh of relief. The brunette watched as the man walked into a closet across the way from where she and Alice were situated, coming back with a small black bag. He made his way back into the makeshift room immediately pulling on one of Carina's legs, stretching it as far as it would go. He placed the padded cuff around her ankle, securing the buckle with a small lock. She laid there completely defeated as the man attached the rest of her limbs to the railings that surrounded the bed.

"Four point restraints already?" asked a woman as she came in holding a tray of food.

"Orders from the top. Apparently she's a feisty one that we can't afford getting out," he muttered.

"Well she needs at least one hand to get this down," she added, bringing an overbed table in and setting the meal in front of Carina. The doctor eyed the plate in front of her, it looked disgusting. The meal was composed of what looked to be several day old pasta drenched in a now completely dry tomato based sauce, with a side of wilting spring mix topped with stale croutons and a cup of water.

"Fine," he agreed, "try anything and I'll make sure you never see the light of day again," he added pointing at Carina and walking out. The brunette nodded, attempting to sit herself up a bit in an effort to eat the only meal she had seen in several days. The woman saw her struggle and sat the bed up for her before moving to make her way out.

"Enjoy," chuckled the woman, knowing all too well how difficult the task would prove itself to be.

"Um can- can I have utensils?" asked carina after noticing the lack of silverware.

"Nope, people in restraints don't get any," she responded, turning around and walking away. Carina stared at her food. She couldn't bring herself to try it but she was starving. The brunette reluctantly picked up a clump of dry pasta using her fingers, gagging as soon as it touched her tongue.