Chapter 4: Carina

Carina still hadn't found anything to write with. She looked around her, maybe there was something she could use instead of ink. She needed something wet that would dry and leave a stain. "Why don't you use fake blood?" asked the woman.

"You're right!" exclaimed Carina, "why didn't I think of that?"

"Hmmm I don't know, maybe cause you don't think outside the box," said the woman in a sarcastic tone. Carina completely ignored her and proceeded to try and write the note with the fake blood that coated the walls around them. With her finger she started to draw what were supposed to be letters but the paper absorbed the paint to the point where they looked like one big red blob. That was it, her only way of communicating with Maya was completely ruined. "See this is why I think inside the box! How am I supposed to tell Maya I'm alive now?"

"I don't know. You'll figure it out."

Carina paused for a minute just staring at the saturated wrapper in her hands. "I've got it! I could try and rip the letters into the wrapper. Like small incisions in the shape of letters. I'm sure someone will figure it out."

The woman sighed and rolled her eyes, "what is it exactly that you do?"

" I am an OB/GYN at Grey Sloan Memorial in Seattle."

"And Maya?"

"She's a captain with SFD"

"Seriously? Okay, you really need to get that note to her."

Both women frantically searched for something to cut the wrapper with, but neither of them had any luck. "What about one of the bones off the skeleton right there?" the woman said, pointing at the skeleton that was placed on an electric chair. "If they're plastic we can break one and use the point to scratch the paper."

"We won't need to break anything. By the looks of it, the tips of the fingers are sharp enough to go through the paper." Carina reached as far as she could but the skeleton was still too far. They both fought as hard as they could to reach the plastic skeleton. The other woman touched it but couldn't reach it enough to grab it. "We're going to have to find another way," said Carina.

"I know. Oh, I'm Alice, by the way," said the woman.

"I'm Dr. Carina DeLuca," replied Carina, not fully acknowledging the woman.

"So 'doctor', how are we going to get the fingers off the skeleton?"

"I don't know yet." They both continued to search for a way to reach the skeleton until a boy and his brother walked by and saw them struggling to reach.

"Hey lady! What are you doing?" said the boy.

"We're trying to get the fingers off so we can use it to write something," answered Alice.

"I thought you guys were supposed to be scary. Your acting sucks!" shouted the kid.

"It's not an act! We were brought here by some horrible people!" shouted Carina.

"Right, whatever. Let's go dude, this sucks." The two boys walked back where they came from.

"Damn," sighed Alice.

Both girls would obviously spend another night in the house of horrors. The crowds of people were slowly dying down. Before they knew it, hours had passed since the last person walked through. Carina stared at the killer clown for hours, trying to think of a way to get to Maya. After another hour, she turned toward the cell door just as a barrel-shaped plastic block rolled into the small room in one swift movement. Almost immediately, smoke began to fill the room, coming out of the block quickly. Carina kicked the block away from her out of instinct, exclaiming to her roommate to help her get the block out of the cell.

"You're not gonna get that very far, y'know." Alice grumbled.

Carina sighed out of annoyance. "Yes, thank you for your input."

Alice laid her head on a plastic sledgehammer, adjusting it back and forth, and breathing heavily. Carina began to feel light headed and her breath began to escape from inside her. She found it more and more difficult to stay awake as her eyelids closed without permission.

a/n: I apologize for the short chapter! just wanted to make sure i got to update today. Please leave comments and any feedback you may have, I really appreciate it! I will also try and update every Mon/Wed/Fri for this fic.