Chapter Twelve

Abby
I was at a graveyard right now; it was really quiet here, I see Dad... He's crying, mourning at one of the graves.

My tears starting to fall down, because I had never seen Dad crying like this before.

Is this for real?

I mean, does Dad really cries like this when Mom passed away? Or is this only a dream of a dream?

All of them were true; I really looked like Mom. Dad was crying horrifically, as if he had lost the greatest treasure he ever had.

Grandma is holding me.

"That girl was a disgrace! If only she wasn't born, she'd be alive right now. She never would have died!"

My tears bursts out after he said the 'disgrace' thing.

I feel unwanted.

***

"IRWIN!!! GOLDWYN!!! WHY ARE YOU SLEEPING TOGETHER!?" The epic yell from Mr. Jackson woke me up.

What does he mean by Irwin?

I looked on my back, and I was shocked by seeing Ashton's sleeping behind me.

Actually, I was glad.

"DETENTION! BOTH OF YOU!!!"

Just then, Jane arrived.

"But sir, Abby is having a heavy fever from tonight. That's why I called Ashton."

"No excuses, Ms. Evans."

Then she just closed her mouth shut.

Behind Mr. Jackson, I could see Jessica, smirking at me. Perhaps she's the one who told him.

"But sir, she's sick." Luke appeared and defended me.

"no excuses. Now, both of you. Head for the flag and stand in front of it for half an hour."

I smacked Ashton's head which makes him woke up confused.

"We're in detention." I said. He looks more confused the before.

"what?"

"Thanks to you, Irwin. Because of you now we must stand for half an hour in front of the country flag." I say as I get out of the tent for me to head for the flag.

***

I stood in front of the flag, the sun is scorching. I can tell Ashton's been looking at me since we first arrived here.

"Why are you looking at me like that?!"

"Because you didn't look very well, you know, you're sick. I'm making sure that nothing will ever happens to you."

"Okay. So who the hell tells you to stay in my tent last night!? If you don't do that, probably we're having a peaceful breakfast right now." I say as I pouted looked at Michael Clifford eating his Croissant.

Ashton laughs.

"if you want a Croissant then just say so, we could get one after this." he said.

"there's no 'we' after this. Especially for you who took me into this detention." I said.

My head was spinning crazily, I'm very dizzy. My body is shivering. My balance is weakened.

But I have to stand up straight no matter what happens.

"so... We'll be back home by tomorrow." Ashton opens a talk.

"yes. And I'm glad though. At least I can avoid you better in school." I say.

"seriously though, are you okay?" he looks at me as if he's worried.

I nodded.

God, please just give me strength.

I don't want to pass out in front of him. At least not now.

Ashton

I was so worried about Abby. We've been standing for 25 minutes. It's still have 5 minutes left.

But then I was so amazed.

She's so strong of holding back, even though she's sick, she's still remain strong to stand.

"Irwin, Goldwyn! Detention over. You may go and take your breakfast." Mr. Jackson finally arrives.

"Thank you, sir." I said.

But Abby seems like she haven't heard that the detection was over. When I turned back, she's still on her position.

"Abby?" I patted her shoulder.

She lost her balance, she fainted, her face pale, and her nose bleeds. I catched her before she hits the floor.

"Abby!!! Luke!" I called Luke which is nearby.

His eyes widened when he saw Abby, then quickly rushes to us.

"What happened!?" he panicked.

"seems like she fainted while doing detention."

He carefully lifted Abby to her tent.

Really I had goosebumps when I knew she fainted. I don't want her to suffer like this.

"Her fever is raising, Luke." Jane said as she hold Abby's forehead.

I ran to the river side to get some water to compress her.

"here." I give a bowl full of water to Luke.

"Thanks, Ash." He took it whilst he took care of Abby.

"Ash can I talk to you?" Jane suddenly looked at me.

"Sure," then I followed her outside. "what is it?"

"I'm just telling you, you better not playing with Abby."

"what do you mean?"

She sighed.

"come on, I know you like Abby. Well, more than like. I was just want you not to play with her feelings. She's so insecure, but I know you'll get her if you mean it. You guys are a destined couple in my eyes!" she said with her eyes sparkling.

Okay this creepy girl knew about my feeling. But how?

"I won't play around with the girl I love, Jane. You know that. But the thing is, I don't know if she loves me or not."

"come on Ash. Open your eyes! She likes you, too, head over heels. If not, how could she let you accompanied her last night, only the two of you in the tent?"

***
Another hint for Ashton that Abby actually love him!!!

I'm soooooooooo happy.

You guys really shouldn't be lying to your own feelings guys, come on *kicks Ashton and Abby*

Okay.

So I got 334 readers.

AWESOMEEE!

Guys please wait for the next chapter. Because story will get interesting from now on.

Love ya guys
XOXO