Chapter Seventeen

Abby

It's 3 am in the afternoon, the prom will start at 6. Jane promised that she'd be here by 2, so I can help her doing her hair or something else. Luke? Well of course he's downstairs, playing his xbox with Michael.

"Abby, sorry I'm late." Finally Jane showed up in my room.

"well, it's all in human nature. Come on, let me do your hair first."

Jane sits on a chair in front of my drawer. I've purchased some artificial blue flowers to match it with her dress. I've put her hair on a side braid like the one which Kansas Everdeen has in The Hunger Games. Then, I add up the flowers on each braid piece.

For the make up, I gave her a simple, smoky look. Because I'm sure that she's not the kind of girl who loves to wear thick make up. She's not Jessica.

"There you go." I smiled widely after an hour of work.

She looked at the mirror and smiled.

"Abby, thank you so much!"

"you're welcome," I smiled. "Now if you don't mind, I'll change into my dress first."

I go into my closet, picked up the dress and wear it. Then, I looked at the mirror in front of me.

The reason why I picked this mermaid dress is because it was the model like my mom wore at her wedding.

Not that I wanted a wedding.

It was just, makes me feel like she's around.

I get out from my closet and I walked to my drawer. Jane's already on the phone with Calum, and I can hear their sweet words.

I smiled and do my hair. I don't really like to experimenting on my hair, so I just mess it up and put on a mousse. So it was kinda wavy, but not stiff.

The make up? I'll just deal with the eyes.

***

Jane was already picked up by Calum, and Luke was already out picking up Ellen.

I've been waiting for Ashton, but he never shows up, like, forever?

Finally, a black SUV arrived in front of my house. It was Ashton. I quickly walked into the car.

"Ashton have you any idea what time is it?" I protested to him.

"I'm sorry, Abby. It's my little brother, he's kinda made me stuck at home."

"okay please hurry up? I'll be late on my performance. I'm on the second, before the performance with you guys."

"of course, hang on," Then, Ashton steps on the gas. "by the way, you look beautiful tonight."

***

So, I'm entering the prom by Ashton carrying me in a bridal style, because I can't run with this dress, especially in heels.

"Goldwyn! Perfect timing. On stage. Now." Sir Jackson gave me a glare which is kind of creepy.

"of course, sir," I said then I turn around to Ashton. "you'll be in the crowd, right?"

"Always."

***

"Okay ladies and gentlemen, please welcome, Abigail Goldwyn!" the MC has called my name. I'm so nervous actually. This is my first time on stage without someone. Without Luke's guitar because I'll be playing by myself.

I took a deep breath and start singing as the guitar strummed.

"it feels like we've been out at sea,
Oh, so back and forth that's how it seems.
And when I want to talk you say to me:
That if it's meant to be, it will be.