Chapter Sixteen

Abby

I've been walking around the downtown with Jane, wandering around looking for a proper shop for us to enter. Jane has been talking about why did Calum hasn't ask her out yet.

But I think that's nonsense because these guys are already in a relationship, so why did they still need the proposing thing?

And by the way, I think I'll be alone on tomorrow's prom, isn't it? Luke had asked Ellen out, and she said yes, of course. Michael too. He asked Gaby and she said yes.

"so... What kind of dress are you up to, Abby?" Jane asked me as we walked into a shop.

"um, long dress perhaps? I would love it if it was some kind of pastel pink, or maybe sea blue."

"then I'll go with purple. I really love it, you know." she said with full of excitement.

I noticed a rack full of some kind of mermaid dress. Silk. And the colour is pastel pink. Kind of soft.

When I saw the price tag, it showed $250. Well it was not bad, though, so I thought I'll just take it.

I went on the fitting room, and once I got out, Jane looked pretty startled.

"okay. You look... Different. You're just have to find a perfect shoes and bag, and I'll do your hair tomorrow. You'll look perfect, Abby!"

I smiled.

"thanks, Jane. Found yours yet?"

She nodded.

"yes, I've found this one. Pretty, huh?"

She showed me her purple short dress, glamorous and classic.

"go ahead and try then, I'll look for the shoes."

As she went into the fitting room, I've got a phone call from Calum.

I put my dress on the cashier, and I stepped out from the shop.

"Yes, Calum, what is it?"

"um, so Abby, do you know what is Jane's favourite? I want to do a promposal, but I'm confused how."

I scoffed.

"Cal, do you still have that pink dolphin costume?"

"um, yes... What's with it?"

"I want you to wear it. Jane's here, at the downtown. The Clover Shop. Make your promposal using that costume. I'm sure she'd be very pleased."

"okay, I'll try. Thanks, Abby!"

***

"where have you been?"

"sorry, Luke called me to ask me where am I," I smiled widely. "so have you decided?"

"yes, yes I have. I'll take that dress and I've found these black high heels for us two, what do you think?"

"it's perfect. Come on, let's pay for these things."

I walked with her to the cashier, and then I saw Calum is in front of the shop already. He's covering his face in embarrassment, he's wearing a pink dolphin costume and he held a banner says :

"Jennifer Evans, would you please swim through the seven seas with this dope dolphin? I mean... Prom? "

He's so cute I can't even hold my laugh.

I tapped Jane's shoulder. She looked to the direction I've pointed, Calum.

She's laughing but inside of it, she's pretty shocked, too. She ran outside the door and hugged Calum, then she kissed him. Which means yes.

I'm glad that girl finally could shut up about the promposal thing. Calum raised his thumbs towards me, saying thank you. I replied him with a smile and a mouthing of "good luck".

I quickly paid for my things so that Jane could just go out with Calum.

***

I was walking to my house, from the distance, I can see Luke's car isn't there. So perhaps he's out with Ellen. But then, I saw a dog, a pomsky, with a heterochromia eyes. One of it is blue, and the other is brown.

I carefully looked at the tag on its neck, wondering who's the owner.

"It would be a privilege if you could take care of me with all of my imperfections. But it would be an honor if you could take my master to prom. Look behind you."

Look behind me?

Okay it's pretty scary, though.

As I looked behind, I saw a boy. Curly dirty blonde hair with his favourite band t-shirt. It is Ashton.

"I know, it's lame, but, at least I've said what I have to say." he said, looking at somewhere else but not my eyes.

"So, Abigail Goldwyn, would you do the honor of taking this man to prom?" he said, smiling as he bowing in front of me.

I smiled.

"Ash, actually you don't have to do all of these things. Of course I would do the honor."

His eyes widened.

"Seriously!? Whew, I thought you'll reject me."

I laughed.

"don't be so pessimistic, Irwin," I laughed. "Anyway, thanks for the puppy, I'll take care of him right."

"um, so I was wondering, do you want to sing a song with me, with my band on stage? It would be our first performance and I thought your voice and Luke will hit the stage."

"well of course, I'd love to, just email me the lyrics and the demo vocal."

***

"Abby may I come in?" Luke is outside my door.

"yes of course, come in."

"oh my God I can't believe she finally said yes!" Luke's eyes sparkles.

"well she can't decline though."

"by the way, the puppy that Ashton gave, who did you name it?" Luke says as he picks up my guitar and sits on the side of my bed.

"umm," I think quickly. But the name inside my head was only Ashton's. "Ashley?"

"your name plus his name, huh? Wow you're all grown up, kid."

I pouted.

"I'm not a kid."

Luke laughed.

"song?"

"hmm, I'm kinda in the mood to sing that song."

"do the intro please." Luke says as he sets his guitar.

"She walked to school with the lunch she packed.
Nobody knows what she's holding back.
Wearing the same dress she wore yesterday.
She hides the bruises with linen and lace.

The teacher wonders but she doesn't ask.
It's hard to see the pain behind the mask.
Bearing the burden of a secret storm,
Sometimes she wishes she was never born.

Through the wind, and the rain, she stands hard as a stone
In a world that she can't rise above.
But her dreams give her wings and she flies to a place where she's loved, concrete angel..."

***

Another chapterrrr
I'm sooooo envy with Jane and Abby in this chapter, I really hope my prom went this well as well.

BUT NOW I'M SOOOO MAD AT ASHTON.

*CRIES A RIVER*

OKAY SO HE'S BEING CLOSE WITH BRYANA HOLLY AND HE'S LESS CLOSE WITH THE OTHER MEMBERS I'M CRYING.
AND HIS HAIR IS TOOOOOOO LONG RIGHT NOW I WANT TO SHAVE IT BY MYSELF

OKBYE.

XOXO