Chapter Nineteen

Abby's POV

It's been a week since the accident, Dad was buried two days after the surgery, I can't even attend his funeral.

So I decided to visit him today.

I'm staring at a cold stone, along with the green grass, and the birds flying over my head.

He was lied beside Mom. On one side, I'm happy that finally they could meet up each other again. But on one side, I don't want this kind of reality.

I don't want to lose both of them.

I put some roses on my mom's, and some Sunflowers on my dad's. It was always been their favourite.

When suddenly, my mind flew out to some years before, where our family gone for a vacation trip on the hills. Luke's family tagged along, too.

At the night of the bonfire, Luke is jamming with his guitar and both of our families joined in. Dad was playing his guitar, as well. With mom helping Luke's mom on dinner. It was such a beautiful night.

Although a part of my dad is now with me and now that he could've seen the world through me, I still feels bad. Because if it's not because of my accident, he'd be alive right now.

When I walked around the cemetery, there is some people talking about my eyes. I feel that I'm unwanted here.

I put down my bangs so that it would cover my right eye.

Just when I got into the car, I got a text from Ashton.

"Hey, I'm wondering if you'd like to meet up with me at the coffee shop we used to chat. I'm already there. Feel free to join, x
-Ashton"

God, what would he say about my appearance..

***

"Hey Abby, over here." Ashton waved his hands while his sitting on one of the tables at the cafe.

"Hi, Ash." I smiled slightly.

"So, here you go, a hot cappucinno, as usual." He smiled widely.

"You remember. Thank you, that's very thoughtful of you." I smiled and drinked the cappucinno.

"So where have you been? Luke said that you've been gone since 8 in the morning. This is like, 5 p.m" He said as he drinked his favourite coffee, Americano.

"I'm just paying a visit at my parents, no biggie." I said.

He smiled, then he looked at the window. There are so much people at the street today, more like, couples. Because christmas  is almost here, so I thought they were out to buy some things for the upcoming christmas eve.

"Why is your hair like that?" Ashton laughed. "You know, you looked like one of the ghost at a horror movie."

Damn.

"You know why," I giggled. "I don't want every single kids I met on street crying because of my eyes."

"But you shouldn't be hiding thay, though. You know, extraordinary things would only happen to extraordinary people."

I looked up at Ashton, his light brown eyes were locked into my... eye.

I scoffed.

"That's a lousy pick up line, has it ever worked?"

"First time trying it, so how did it go?" He laughed.

"Still lousy though." I said and we both gone into a laughter.

"So, is there a place that you want to go?"

"Maybe there's one, but I don't think you'll like it."

***

We've arrived at the lake, the first lake I've been to when I met Luke because I fought with my father.

"What is it again?" Ashton grunts.

"Hm?"

"You've always  been here when you're sad or when you have a problem. What's the matter this time?"

I lifted up my eyebrows.

"Have you been spying on me?" I chuckled.

His face blushed.

"Um, no, just a lucky guess, I think."

I inhale deeply, sucking in some fresh einter air that I haven't got in a while. I closed my eyes so that I won't bursts into tears. Because usualy I would.

"I have something for you."

I turned around, seeing Ashton there holding on a hairpin.

"I've found this when I was walking at the store, I thought it might be looked good on you."

"You know Ashton, it was thoughtful of you. But I don't think I'd use it. You know, I need to hide."

"But please, I know it'd look good on you." He puppy eyed.

"I have told you I ca-"

Then he shuts me up with a kiss. On my lips.

[*author fangirls*]

His lips didn't go anywhere. It was just there. Frozen on touch with mine. As he kissed me, he slipped his hands to put the hairpin on my hair, on my bangs that I used to hide my disability.

Then, he looked me deep in the eyes.

"There's so many reasons why I love you. Your smile, your weird fetishes, everything. Including those eyes. Even if it's one of your flaws.

But then I realize.

Even the most beautiful rose still has its thorns.

I won't mind bleeding because of holding you. So that's why, don't bother hiding anymore.

Because for me, you're always still the same. Even if you look more beautiful with your own imperfections.
That's why I love you.

So please, Abigail Brigitta Goldwyn.

Would you please, give the honour to this your-imperfections-lover guy to hold you until every single of your hair turns white?"

I was frozen that time. I can't even blink. This is the moment I've been waiting for.

I smiled, I looked at Ashton's eyes.

I nodded and smiled.

Ashton's smiling brightly, pulling me in for a hug, and once again kissed my lips.

"I love you, Abigail Brigitta Goldwyn. No matter what it takes."

"I love you too, Ashton Fletcher Irwin."

This is the night that I'm going to remember.

Because finally what I've been fighting for is worth it.

He is definitely my unexpected.

***

HAHAHAHAHA

DON'T WORRY GUYS I'M STILL ALIVE.

BUT I WANNA FAINT.

BUT THEN GUYS I'D BE BACK WITH ANOTHER UPDATE SOON.

AND I'M SO FRANQUELY SORRY FOR THIS SHORT STORY.THIS STORY MIGHT BE END UP IN LESS THAN 10 MORE CHAPTERS.

BUT THAT'S ALRIGHT I'M SO HAPPY RN.

XOXO